1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marine has Message for Sen. Reid

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

The only way they can constitutionally do this is through the purse. They are not hte commander in chief. It would not be in their best interests to cut off funding.

How is that obvious? What I stated is true. Most polls are taken of a thousand or so people. I understand random sampling and all that. My point is that we cannot legitimately say that the Majority of Americans believe anything unless we actually ask a majority of Americans. I am not sure how that is confusing to you. We can say a majority of Americans polled, or some such.

#41 Pastor Larry, Apr 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2007
  2. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many times I am shocked at your statements, but then I remember your profession and realize sadly that most in your field would agree with you.

It saddens me to realize what my kids are being taught at school and who are teaching them in many cases.

Oh how I wish I could home school...

#42 AF Guy N Paradise, Apr 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2007
  3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I'm not teaching at the moment. I am back in the machine shop where I spent most of my time working before I finished my Bachelor of Science degree. I have found that I can make more money with less headaches operating an engine lathe than I can teaching. I will do this as long as my body allows me to do so, then I will probably go back into the education field.

BTW, there is certainly as much, if not more animosity toward Bush and his administration with my fellow machinists as there ever was in schools I taught in.

You can home school if you want, that is if you are willing to sacrifice to do so. We home schooled our children up through the eighth grade. Then they went to public high school.

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree with this very sad commentary, with "majority" as an exception.

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I understand that you don't like democrats, but I think that the way the war in Iraq is going, even the republican candidate with favor pulling the troops out by time the election rolls around.

6. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

I'm gladdened that you are not teaching. If I were a betting man, I'd bet anything that machinists support the war on terror and the CIC. All the machinists I personally know, do. (edit) oops, except one.

7. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

You may be right. The ungodly left in Congress have done a remarkable job.

8. OrovilleTim

OrovilleTim New Member

:BangHead: http://www.baptistboard.com/search.php?searchid=175390

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member