1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marine Requests Congressional Censure of John Murtha

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Again I must ask you to defend your premise that some special moral duty is owed to persons in the military. Without demonstrating that to be true, you're left with simply a general duty to avoid slander for political gain and, while I absolutely agree that it's reprehensible, I don't see how it could be successfully avoided in this political climate.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    HOO HA!!!!!

Best thing to come down the pike in a hunnert years.

Seriously, the less congress is in session, the better off we as normal, routine, mundane, non-elite citizens are.

3. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Ah, I disagree! Without congress in session the President would still be able to run amuck. Might we be able to agree on immobilizing them both?

4. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Congress takes to much on itself. Passing law after law is not freedom. Anyway, our militrary soldiers put their life on the line for their country. They should be given a special place of honor and respect. And Murtha should keep his unnecessary trap shut. He is a reproach on the Democratic party.