1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mark 8:34 Whosoever Will

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by ILUVLIGHT, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

I think one or more persons may have misunderstood me because they do not understand, at this point, the Scriptural teaching as to how far the atonement reaches, if you will.

There is not one sin or person who has been neglected as to Jesus' ransom. The payment has been made for each sinner. Believing in Jesus is when He applies the blood on the door of our hearts, we become saved and have everlating life. By neglecting receiving Christ His atonement remains ineffectual (He cannot do His ministry of reconciliation).

Jesus atonement is sufficient for all sinners, but is efficient {becomes effective} only in those who believe and trust in Him.

Each of these He has always known would become the people we call the elect.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

That is pretty Calvinistic Ray. What exactly do you think we disagree with?

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

King James Bond,

There are missionary pastors and regular saved people who are witnessing to people in Islamic nations. Some go to prison, others fined a lot of money, and some are martyred. If they thought the minds and hearts of those kinds of sinners, were as Luther believed, in the 'bondage of the will' they would not take a chance with their own lives to witness to Jesus power to save their eternal soul.

If an Islam interupted a Billy Graham Crusade in Los Angeles, I am sure he would be tossed out on his ear, by those in charge of the Christian gathering.

I know a missionary pastor in Nigeria who tells me that many Muslims are turning to Christ and the message of salvation. Should we not rejoice in this fact?!

It sounds to me like some people believe the power and authority of the evil one is stronger and mightier than the Holy Spirit to convict, convince and persuade men and women to turn to Jesus as the only way to never ending life.

4. whatever

whatever New Member

Sure they would, if they believed that God was strong enough to overcome that bondage of the will, and if they believed that He wants to do so. He is calling a people to Himself out of every tongue and tribe and people and nation, including "Islamic" nations. What a wonderful Kingdom to be a part of!