1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Mark contains three, four, visits to the tomb

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The cheap shot is your claim I was avoiding the scripture when you are avoiding what is plainly written in English by going back to the "precise text" and define it the way you want it to say in order to make your claim.

Mark 15:42 And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath, 43 Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.

I take that to mean sunset, inferring Jesus died on Thursday and was buried on Friday. Now reading from the same book of Mark...

Mark 16: 1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. 2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

It was Sunday before sunrise when this visit had happened.

I am reading the scripture as is. It is YOU that have to be understanding and patient when I am NOT taking your translation to heart.

This is what I mean about cheap shot, brother. Your accusation of my avoiding the scripture and that winded up you being judged by your own standard by the way, and now you are claiming "total ignorance".

I wish the Lord would help you to just stick to the topic without attacking the poster or even commenting on the poster's inability to comprehend. It can get worse when accusations start flying that I am lying to avoid the truth. It has not reached that point yet, but it can happen.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

The problem here is that everybody has to know that we are to rely on Him to minister. If those that oppose themselves do not see the truth in His words, no one is helping the matter by attacking the poster. Patience and meekness is required, relying on the Lord to cause the increase.

Matthew 13:16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

I understand that you and vooks are in a heated debate at times, but you need to check that attitude when you reply to someone else. If you need to take a break & pray before replying to some one else, then do that.

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

Anyway, I think you need to take a break and pray about "how" you are serving Him because this is not really about Jesus Christ or learning about His promises to us so that our love may grow in the knowledge of Him in living as His disciple.

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

If you consider all the time you are devoting to is just for believers to keep the sabbath day, you are coming across as a disciple of the sabbath day.

When was the last time you talked about Jesus that had nothing to do with believers needing to keep the sabbath day? Just asking.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, then my ~cheap shot~ brought the same fowl down which your ~cheap shot~ brought down, because I too, "~take that~" viz., Mark 15:42, "~to mean sunset, inferring Jesus died on Thursday and was buried on Friday. It seems we are really "~reading from the same book of Mark...~" My gosh!

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amazing! Really amazing! And in what respect or in which smallest of detail, does my translation differ from or differ with your translation you're using? Unbelievable! ours look one and the same!
    And even more unbelievable, we’re both reaching one and the same conclusion!

#63 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Baie dankie dominee for the nice sermon. I needed it and shall try my best to heed it.

And when was the last time I talked about Jesus that had nothing to do with believers needing to keep the sabbath day?

I don't know, dominee, I don't know, really. Just saying.

5. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said the resurrection was on the sabbath day... and I say that reference is saying it is not the sabbath day, but past it and on the first day of the week, Sunday.. as sunrise was approaching.

That means the women are nowhere near the time of the sabbath day ending at sunset. There is no way for them to say it happened on the sabbath day when they are discovering His resurrection on the first day of the week.

You could say that Jesus rested on the sabbath day, and rose on Sunday, but that is about it if you want to exalt the sabbath day out of that.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you believe two dogs will fight one another because the one wants the other to have the bone?

Well now I have seen it all.

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Re:
    “~You said the resurrection was on the sabbath day... and I say that reference is saying~”

First, what “~reference~” is it?

This one, where
    Fine. Now you, dominee Hark, is saying here,
    Now, what is “~it~” here, “~I say that reference is saying __it__ is not the sabbath day~”?

The Resurrection of Jesus?

Seems so, reading your sentence, “~You said the resurrection was on the sabbath day... and I say that reference is saying it … the resurrection … is not the sabbath day, but past it (the sabbath day) and on the first day of the week, Sunday.. as sunrise was approaching.~”

Shucks now, dominee Hark . . . Where do you read that, “~the resurrection~”, in or from this …
    ?!

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

“~That means the women are nowhere near the time of the sabbath day ending at sunset.~”

“~nowhere near ~” what? “~Near~” the grave?

That’s what I say, thanks—they were going shopping spices I think.

But they “bought spices” I recall Mark 16:1 says, not “~the time of the sabbath day ending~”, but “when the Sabbath had past” which was time of day AFTER the Sabbath. Dominee o dominee ---jou stouter!

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    “~exalt the sabbath day~” by saying “~that Jesus rested on the sabbath day, and rose on Sunday~”?! That is not “~exalting the sabbath day~”; it is worshipping Sunday through that! Because through rising Jesus rested and through having been “rested up again HIS NAME IS THE MOST HOLY PLACE”. Isaiah 57:15.

10. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    vooks,

re: "Please learn to read questions first before embarrassing yourself. I asked of WOMEN not WOMAN."

John 20:2 has Mary saying "...and we do not know where they have laid Him." Are you suggesting that Mary is speaking in the third person?

11. vooks

vooks Active Member

You are very silly.

12. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is time to walk away from this discussion when all it is now is about addressing the poster.

It is obvious that neither side is hearing the other for the progress of this discussion to continue to benefit any one other than the flesh.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good post!

RStrats, please supply the link with your quotes? It will make cross referencing so much easier. Thanks.

#73 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No, RStrats has had a brilliant moment for a change.

15. vooks

vooks Active Member

Matthew has a trip to the tomb by the women accompanied by angels as does Mark and Luke. Where is your angel-less trip? And how many of your three trips by women were angel-less?

16. vooks

vooks Active Member

This is your post
    http://www.baptistboard.com/threads/mark-contains-three-four-visits-to-the-tomb.97996/#post-2204613
    On it you claimed Angels never appeared to the women on ALL THREE visits to the tomb!

So please show me a single visit to the tomb by women where there were no angels Or one which had angels but they never informed the women of the resurrection

#76 vooks, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  17. rstrats

rstrats Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    vooks,

You have a question directed to you In post #70.

18. vooks

vooks Active Member

I don't understand the question. Try and use english

#78 vooks, Feb 18, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Inevitable conclusion forced upon me by Vooks :

This,

“~On it you claimed Angels never appeared to the women on ALL THREE visits to the tomb!~”

is such a clumsy and blatant, naked, yelling, smelling in bad taste UNTRUTH I would rather refrain from saying anything more. I would not have the revenue at my disposal to pay for libel and defamation of another’s character.

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One lie that spread like a cancer . . .