1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marking in your Bible

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by hawg_427, Sep 5, 2007.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I have used an ink pen before.

2. standingfirminChrist

SaggyWoman??? Ink????
    This action is unheard of!
    Citizen's Arrest!!

3. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I don't know if it's just that I cannot do a well enough job of explaining myself or I have been misunderstood.

I know we change after we are saved and become a new creature in Christ Jesus.
    I know that we are commanded to take up our cross and follow Christ daily.
    I know I am indebted to Him because He saved little old me.
    I also know that my salvation was not obtained through my works, but it was a gift.
    Gifts are free the last time I checked. I didn't have to do anything to earn my salvation. Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe. Yet the argument that has been presented by SFIC is that salvation itself came with a price. IT DID NOT! It was a free gift.
    If you still want to insist I'm wrong after this post, I'll shake the thread off the bottom of my feet and enjoy other postings on the BB. :wavey:

4. standingfirminChrist

Then you do not believe denying ungodliness and worldly lusts is a price we must pay because of Salvation?

If we have no price to pay after Salvation, then we can give in to the flesh to steal, kill, commit fornication, extortion, etc., any time we so desire and still be guaranteed eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I am sorry, my friend, but I cannot buy that.

Shake the dust if you wish, but I do see a price we must pay ourselves.

5. Cutter

Cutter New Member

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell me where I ever implied there was no price AFTER salvation to pay!!!

That has been my point!

Look at my last post!

6. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I have used ink pen, fountain pen, pencil, occasionally a highlighter and a Crayola "Twist-Up" colored pencil in my Bible.

The sacrifice that SFIC refers to is AFTER receiving the Free gift of Salvation, is it not?

7. standingfirminChrist

Yes, that is after Salviation. But regardless, it is a price.

8. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

I've noticed that this thread keeps tending to drift way way off the topic of the OP. If this contiunes it will cause the thread to be closed.;)

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Are you making fun of me?:tongue3:

10. standingfirminChrist

Marking is not bad
    As long as it does not bleed
    Highlighting can help!

11. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

And no ink pens. :laugh:

12. standingfirminChrist

wrong thread. rofl

13. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

bless......................................

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Amy G.,

I actually have a KJV that I bought at a Dollar General that cost only $10.00! It's large print, to boot! It is made with regular paper, so ink doesn't bleed through. It's not made with the nice bible paper you'll find in the "costlier" bibles. Naa naa naa naa boo boo!!:)

It's not the "nicest" bible you'll find, but for 10 bucks, it's a steal!!

#54 convicted1, Sep 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2007
  15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Well ok. I guess I'll let you use an ink pen in it then. :laugh:

That large print is nice, isn't it? :thumbs:

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Amy,

Broadman-Holman makes a SUPER GIANT print bible that is either 16 or 18 font size! It is one notch below box car lettering!:laugh: I have bought a couple for my dad, he is far sighted, and it's easier for him to read. My wife and I bought one for my father-in-law last CHRISTmas. He really likes his,too. They cost a little over $50.00, plus tax....quite cheap considering the quality of this bible. My dad first started marking in his bible LONG before I did...I used to consider it borderline blasphemy if anyone marked in their bible, but I now see how it makes it better for me to study His word!!

Willis

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Wow! That is big print! I'm not ready for that yet, but probably not far from it! :laugh:

My husband won't mark in his Bible either. I have never had a problem with it. I figure marking is fine with the Lord if it helps me learn. :)

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I tend to use my *gasp* ink pen in my Bible too. I haven't had time to get a non-bleeding highlighter yet.

Now, the only Bible I'm not sure will get written in (eventually, maybe but it's going to be hard to make that first mark) is the R.L. Allan ESV that my DH got for his ordination. This is the most beautiful Bible I've ever seen or felt - it feels so much like my fine German saddle! The leather is butter soft and the pages are like silk. If anyone wants a fine Bible, you can't beat this ever. It was a gift from our senior pastor to the 5 men who were being ordained that same night.

I also had a large print Bible even though I was only in my 30s. I had little babies who I nursed at night in their room by the nightlight and I'd keep the large print Bible on the nightstand so I could read Scriptures while I was feeding my precious little one. It worked GREAT!!! Once I weaned, I passed the Bible on to a woman who was just beginning to hear about God but couldn't read the small print of the only Bible she had (one of those mini ones). She was so grateful and surprised that I GAVE her a Bible. :D I pray it blessed her.

19. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been 'inking' my Bibles up for years and I have yet to see any bleeding. Ya'll must be buying the more expensive Bibles with the super thin pages. The cheap ones I buy don't have that problem.

20. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. I use a fine point pencil for my Charles F. Stanley's edition of the NASB95, wide margin and two ribbons, with no references or study notes, so I have to write a lot.

2. But no ink.