1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marriage if parents disapprove

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Lisanotsimpson, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my case it is NOT insignificant difference. I have a hearing problem and I have enough problems just understanding English.
    and YES- I do have a hearing aid. But I will add this - My daughter-in-law is from Columbia - and it is hard for me to understand her - so often I will just nod in agreement.

I have a story I like to share - I was at the Pulaski, Va; YMCA. I was shooting hoops - a fella came over to me and wanted to know if I would join them - so they could have a 3 on 3 - Sure. Teams were selected - I suggested that one of the teams to be skins since I did not know any of the others. The cpt of the other team look at me and said "Are you serious?" Yes, I was. Well, if you notice, you three guys are white, the three of us are black! -- hmm, maybe I am color blind also! (yes, true story - happened about 1997)

A lot of Christians do need counseling
    I know a lot of Christian leaders will say there is no need for Christian counseling because Christ is the answer.
    Yes, Christ is the answer. So, if Christ is the answer - then we do not need any medical doctors - just pray and Christ will take care of it. If Christ is the answer - then we do not need financial counselors, advisors, ect. Just ask Christ - and he will ensure you will always have money. If Christ is the answer - we dont need Christian school - just pray about it and allow Christ to give you all the knowledge you need.

I have a young man in our church who mainly only eats TV dinners, because he does not know how to cook.
    Mrs Salty is making plans to go there once a week to teach him how to cook. Or should I tell them, lets pray
    and allow Christ to be the answer.

Bottom line - I an not saying an intra-(fill in the blank) marriage can never work. They can - provided the couple work at it.
    In any marriage. But a couple needs to beware of the potential pitfalls. And proper Christian counseling can be of great assistance.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    You presented exaggerated unreasonable, scenarios Salty.

What your hearing problem and your Columbian daughter-in-law have to do with ethnicity and culture? Or the color of the skin in Christian union?

Yes, of course the color of the skin make difference for the people who are not Christians, who are secular, and who see it as a sign of physical and intellectual difference, but in Christ it does not matter. Our difference literally "skin deep," and all our bones have the same color.

God sent Philip to Ethiopian eunuch to turn him to Gospel (Acts 8.26-40). Does GOD did it because he is black or for another reason? Notice that the difference in culture between Jews and Ethiopians are very different.

Or why GOD sent Peter to Cornelius? (Acts 10.1-8.17-18.22.24-27.44-48). What the Romans and Jews have common in their culture?

But again, for GOD (for Christ) there is no difference, because they are all His creations, and all are subject for His punishment or His salvation in which GOD has no concern for ethnicity and culture.

If for the Christ all people are the same, and so all the people in Christ also the same, no difference in ethnicity and culture, because in Christ such things do not exist, but only one ethnicity and one culture exist, that of Christ.

Your process of thought on the issue is very earthly, without spiritual context.

You wrote:

"Yes, Christ is the answer. So, if Christ is the answer - then we do not need any *medical doctors - just pray and Christ will take care of it. If Christ is the answer - then we do not need **financial counselors, advisors, ect. Just ask Christ - and he will ensure you will always have money. If Christ is the answer - ***we dont need Christian school - just pray about it and allow Christ to give you all the knowledge you need."

Actually I am very surprise that your wrote this statement.

*medical doctors. Yes, in some instances we do not need medical doctors.

Mark 5.25-26

25.And a woman who had a hemorrhage for twelve years,

26.and had endured much at the hands of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was not helped at all, but rather had grown worse,

I am sure she is not the only one who was CURED (not treated) by the Christ.

**financial counselors. " The Lord GOD is best financial Counselor.

Deuteronomy 8.18

"18.But remember the Lord your GOD, it is He Who gives you power to get wealth, so that He may confirm His Covenant that He swore to your ancestors, as He is doing today."

Ecclesiastes 5.19

19."Likewise all to whom GOD gives wealth and possessions and whom He enables to enjoy them and to accept their lot, and find enjoyment in their toil, this is the gift of GOD."

***we dont need Christian school. If Christian schools teach that you just wrote, surely we do not need them. What would be the benefit for humanity to drop faith and reliance on GOD and have confidence in men?

Jeremiah 17.5.7

5.Thus says the Lord, "Cursed are those who trust in mere mortals and make mere flesh their strength, whose hearts turn away from the Lord."

7.Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, whose trust in the Lord.

Concerning Earthly Needs and Chores.

Matthew 6.25-34

25."For this I say to you, do not be anxious for your life as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink, nor for your body as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing?

26.Look at the birds of the air, that they do not saw, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?

27.And which of you by being anxious can add a single cubit to his life's span? (in the same way this verse has been translated in: NRSV and GNB Bibles, but in Gideons and Russian Bibles it translated in this way: "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?")

28.And why are you anxious about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow, they do not toil, nor do they spin,

29.yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory did not clothe himself like one of these.

30.But if GOD so arrays the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more do so for you, O men of little faith?

31.Do not be anxious then saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'With what shall we clothe ourselves?'

32.For all these things the Gentiles eagerly seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

33.But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. (2Chronicles 25.9) (Matthew 6.33, 19.29) (Mark 10.28-30) (Luke 18.28-30).

34.Therefore, do not be anxious for tomorrow, tomorrow will care for itself, each day has enough trouble of its own."

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  3. graciecat

graciecat Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It actually depends. Maybe your parents saw something unlikeable to your bf. Most of the time, our parents are right as they just want the best for their child. I personally experienced this, my family doesn't want my Ex before, but I did everything just for my parents to like him. At the end, I choose my parents even though it hurts too much and ended my relationship to him. Now, I'm happily married to another man with no regrets. Indeed, God moves in mysterious ways. What we know as right is not always right.