1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marriage question

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Emily25069, Aug 1, 2005.

1. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

The Pastor should have, in the least asked the couple to have a meeting with him to discuss problems and perhaps a resolution. Very unprofessional, he actually is going against Gods Word. He is placing himself in God's place, he obviously didn't pray before giving advice. By his action he could be driving a wedge between them.

That church sounds like a wonderful church--to leave.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That is certainly within her right, and it sounds reasonable to me. I would, however, if I were her, encourage the hubby to try out some other churches. But, it sounds to me like he's had a bad experience with church, and so is taking a break from it. I certainly understand that point as well. My other caveat is that on one should treat him as a heathen based just on the fact that he isn't attending somewhere right now. Church attendance is a very personal thing, imo.

Y aknow, I had a best friend who stayed away from church for 15 years. Sometimes these things happen. But they're never permanent. If he chooses to stay away, he won't stay away forever, so long as those in his life who are churchgoers are giving him positive and healthy support. If they're fingerwagging, it will likely just push him further away from church.