1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marriage truths that aren't talked about much

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Olivencia, Apr 15, 2009.

1. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 7
    1 "Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
    2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."
    8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
    9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the question that they asked of him. Should men and women, even those who are married, be chaste. Apparently, someone was teaching them that s*x was bad and that everyone should abstain.
    Paul corrects their misunderstanding/false teaching concerning intimacy and tells them not to deny each other, less they be tempted by someone else.
    I already answered, but again, "it is better to marry than to burn" refers to burning with passion for someone and thus being tempted to immorality...rather than burning in hell.

If they can't control their passions, then by all means get married.

peace to you:praying: