1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marriage Without GOD

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My sister in law remarried this weekend. A woman who is the mayor of a local town officiated. The couple, who both were married before and had church weddings, made it clear they did not want a member of clergy present.

It was wierd ...it was a night that felt strange to all present. I think because there was an absence of God to bless the event...but maybe that's just my take.

CHrist called us to be both Salt & Light, but we cannot be elements for true change without Him. I actually grieve for these two in that they have chosen to bar God from their lives. Please pray that God enters their lives. Thanks.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God gave the istitution of marriage to ALl of mankind, so hedoes rcognise and honor their marriage as being valid, its just that ONLY the Christians ones fully reflect what it is intended to, the relationship between jesus and His Church!

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God should be blessing these unions...they should be most solemn & sacred bound marriages & totally blessed by God. But now its become merely secular.