1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marriage

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Caretaker, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

I would hope you would have a change in your belief, a REAL revival could chage all that!

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Am I hearing this? Are you saying something I agree with? Why yes, you are! Suffice it to say, if we keep sinners out of our pews, our pews would be empty, and we would be preventing even ourselves from entering.

3. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Stranger than fiction.

Too many times the attitudes of the members and the air about them,(usually judgemental,condemning,self-righteous) is what drives them away.

4. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

Quickeningspirit... I pray every day for revival... revival in my own spirit and in the nation and world. I agree that revival brings about change, but even a major disruption which got the whole world's attention (9/11) could not bring about lasting change in our direction as a nation. My personal opinion is that we need to be about the Father's business... Each and every believer. Forget the minor issues (KJVO vs MV, Calvinism vs Armenianism debates) and be about the Great Commision. Let's get to making disciples. That would bring about revival. Nothing we can do without His glorious blood shed for our sins can truly change a man or MANKIND.

I still pray for a revival each and every day. He needs to quicken my spirit each day so I can be a fitting witness for His glory.

5. Precepts

Precepts New Member

J_barner,

I can only agree in part to your reply on the subject of revival.

In the account of the Raising of Lazarus we can see a ressurrection of the dead/Lazarus, but it took a reviving of those apparently asleep to the power of The Ressurrection and The Life/ Jesus Christ.

Not all were sleeping, but many were weeping.

It took some one to get His attention, not as if God didn't already know the situation, His Omniscience. We can relate to those who pray.

It took the faith of those and their equal participation to obey the command of Jesus to roll away the stone/hinderance to thye voice of God to call Lazarus out of the tomb.

It takes revival to increase faith of believers. It takes obedience to the will of God.

It takes everyone pushing and pulling in the same direction to remove the stone. I hate it when we're trying get the hinderances out of our way and somebody working against us. But I can see the forces of hell in the works and hope other s see the same.

To remove the stone and roll it away does take a smooth clear path for it to roll, it's always too heavy to pick it up and set it aside. I belive every word of our Bible to be correct, or Jesus might as well said, "Lift up the stone".

There are many "little" stones to prevent the rolling of the big stone, and that is what reviving is all about; realizing the need, getting to work, removing obstacles. Your post indicating some, but only if we allow them in our path to hinder us. Those would be placed in the way by those who are supposed to be working together. The ones placed in our way by the devil are the ones Caretaker spoke about initially.

Quick outline to revival:

Regeneration of believers

Reverence towards Saviour

Request for His help

Remorse over the loss of life

Realization w/o Him we can do nothing

Researching of hearts

Response to His command by removing hinderances first

Readiness to remove grave clothes

Rejoicing forevermore!

Revival begins with God's people. The key being whether we really are willing to get right with GOd to have revival! I am, are you?