1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mary after the Ressurection?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by RubberDuckie17, Apr 3, 2005.

1. RubberDuckie17

RubberDuckie17 New Member

What was Mary, the mother of Jesus, doing, oh say, 20 years after Jesus' Ressurection?

Does anyone know where I could get some good information, books, internet sources, ect. about the life of Mary, particualarly from a Baptist point of view?

And any ideas on what she did with her life after Jesus resurrected?

thanks,
    joyce

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't think you'll hear much about Mary from the Baptist perspective.

The Catholics and Eastern Orthodox have a lot of legends about her life after the NT but none that can be verified by solid documentation.

3. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

you may be able to find something about mary in years after Jesus ascention in the writings of Jocephus or another early historian

or you can ask her your self when you get home ;D

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you could, Catholics would be all over it like a pack of hungry wolves. ;)

Even they admit there is no solid documentation for Mary's Post-Pentecostal life

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe she negotiated a book deal with Luke. Either he interviewed her personally or someone closely associated with her told him of the circumstances of Jesus' birth, and the temple incident when He was 12; the things she "treasured in her heart." But that should have been 30 or more years after the resurrection, so she would have been around 75 or 80, which is quite a rarity of age for person in that era.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mary lived with John who pastored in Ephesus (until about 88-91 CE when exiled to Patmos). She probably died there before his exile.

Crazy note: When I was there, the merchants showed how they put a special robe/habit on the Goddess Diana statues and sold them as Virgin Mary statues.

And yes, I bought one!! Now I have a 26-breast Diana and a Barbie-sized habit that makes her look like Mary. Amazing!