Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun)

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by John3v36, Jan 12, 2004.

1. MikeS New Member

Carson, dontcha know? When junior asks for references and quotes, it's dodging to post catholic quotes and dodging to post protestant quotes. The only non-dodge answeres are to post quotes from the web page of the Univeral Priest himself! </font>[/QUOTE]Now, don't go wasting Mike's time with such nonsense, Harley! Apparently his time is an immensely valuable commodity. We should be thankful that he bothers to stop by and insult us at all!

2. JustAsIAm New Member

It disturbs me that Carson puts his faith in all of these "men" and scholarship. I'm not just referring to citing resources, but actually seems to worship scholarship.

Christ made the gospel simple so even the simple could be saved, but that seems to trip up the educated of many denominations.

When I read this passage, I see Peter being commended for his faith, being told that that faith in Christ will be the cornerstone of the church (a spiritual body, not a physical kingdom)and then Peter being given the "keys to heaven", the gospel of the Lord.