1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mary, Did You Know?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Sapper Woody, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I just recently uploaded a video of me singing an arrangement of "Mary, Did You Know?" acapella. I did four parts plus some light vocal percussion. This is the first time I've ever tried to video myself four times singing the parts. With my hardware/software limitations, it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, but for what I have I think it turned out ok. Any thought?

• Like Like x 4
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It sounds great!! Try to get the lead a little bit stronger in volume so it's not as drowned out by the harmonies. But you have a great voice. :)

My daughter has done something like this using Acapella from PicPlayPost by Mixcord Inc. Here's the link to her video that she did for fall finals a few years ago. :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very good harmony, Sapper! Question: How did you sync up the various tracks? Simply by ear, or did you use a time track?

Ann, that video by your daughter is also good. Good singing and the facial expressions sold the story.

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I used a metronome track that I deleted afterwards. Ann, that's a good vid.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

5. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sapper Woody, nice job (both the singing and the engineering) on a very good song. And your daughter, too, Ann.