1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

masonic lodge

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by preacherchris, Jun 12, 2004.

1. delly

delly New Member

Ok Jacob. Tell us everything you know about the Knights Templar. I want to know what you believe, what you know, what goes on in the lodge meetings and how come everything about it is so secretive. Nothing pertaining to Christianity should be kept secret. People are always suspicious of things that are kept in secret, so tell us exactly what you do in lodge meetings and maybe we won't be so supicious anymore. If you can't explain that then it is not of our Lord or the God of the Bible and you can't claim to be a Christian organization. You will not convince me otherwise.

2. preacherchris

preacherchris New Member

i read an article the other day in the sword of the lord. the bishop of the anglican church in the land down under informed the churches not to allow the lodge to meet in the churches there and also for the members to choice between the church and the lodge. a man i know who is a mason said he could not go in the york rite because he felt it was not christain

3. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

Delly

We have a meeting once a month in the meeting we vote on new canidates, we pay our bills, we report on anyone in need and vote as to how much money to give them or if as exapmle an elderly lady was having a hard time getting around we built her a ramp so she could get off her porch easier. We vote and desguess fundraisers such as the one we did for an elemetry school to supply those kids who do not have backpacks or school supplies. We by shoes for kids. The only thing secret about the lodge is the signs of recognition and the ritual. nothing else about it is secret. The signs were started in the middle ages because the Freemasons were being hunted down by the RCC at that time. Freemasonry may have been brought about by the prodestant movement. when Freemasonry came out in the open in 1717 short there after non-Christians were allowed to join.

The 1st degree is a drama that teaches charity, the second degree is a drama that teaches Brotherly Love. The Third teaches for you to be True to your word and to protect others even unto Death.

You are right nothing pretaining to Christianty should be kept secret but you have to remember the time in which this started prodestants had to meet sometimes secretly to hold church because they would have been declared a heretic by the RCC.

4. delly

delly New Member

I had a friend who was a 32nd. degree Mason and he said he could not tell me anything as he was sworn to secrecy. He did say that they were allowed to profess allegiance to any diety they chose. I work in a Civic Center and, when the Eastern Star has meetings, they will not even allow the sound man in the room. Everything is set up for them, then the doors are closed and locked. They have security outside the auditorium to keep everyone else out. I find that very unusual for a "Christian" organization. They are the only event we have that goes so far as to keep even the the building employees out.

5. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

I never said it was a Christian Fraternaty. It is open to more than just Christians. It is no different than any other business meeting you do not let those who are part of your business to vote on what you are doing.

The guard at the door is more of a tradition from the middle ages. To make sure everyone who comes in is a member to protect those inside.

Just as the early Chruch posted guards at the underground churches to keep out the roman solders. The early church also had secret sign of recongnition One person would come up and draw half a fish than the other if He was a Christian would complete the Fish and by that they would know He was a friend. Freemasonry uses the same technic they us certian sign to see who is a mason and who was not.

6. Jacob Webber

Jacob Webber New Member

This is from a Masonic Bible which is a KJV Bible with a Square and Compass on the Front.

Creation: Freemasonry recognizes Jehovah God as the creator of all things, both material and spritual and it accepts the account of creation given in the Book of Genesis and confirmed by other Scriptures. To a Mason the earth and the heavens declare the glory of God

Lion of the Tribe of Judah: In the Tribal benediction pronounced upon Judah, The Lion's whelp is used emblematically of strength; hence the ensign on the banner of Judah was a Lion. The Phrase in the Masonic Ritual, "The Lion of the Tribe of Judah," is messianic and refers to Christ, The anointed of God and royal head of God's Kingdom.

Know lets go back to what was said about the Lion of the Tribe of Judah.

(Faith in the Merits of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah is how one gains access to the Clestial Lodge above.)

So it seems that Freemaosnry teaches that Faith in the Merits of Jesus Christ is how one gains access to the Clestial Lodge (Heaven) above.