1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Masonry It Really Is A Religion

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Forever Settled, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unprofitable

unprofitable Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had forgotten about one other instance where someone gave me a copy of a masonic book. I remember it saying that if the initiate revealed anything concerning the secrets being given to them that they would be subjected to some pretty excruciating punishments. I believe one was cutting out the tongue. Hard to line that up with the scriptures. If they say they are a light, why the secrecy?

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about a candle to the sun?

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a past master councilor of DeMolay but I had no idea what it was all about and only served a few months and then moved away and resigned to never again be interested in that stuff. I was 17 at the time.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. Sometimes it is not. As opposed to the group as I am, I would rather let my opposition be in truth rather than urban legend.

The Freemasons reveled in secrecy (these "societies" were popular at one time). They used speculation to their advantage and now it has come back to bite them.

The larger question - the one we should be asking - is why so many Christians felt the need to turn to a secular "society" in the first place. In the US most Masonic candidates are Christians petitioning to join. Why?

My reason was a bit unique. But I believe most feel a need to belong and matter that is not being met by their church. I say this because it is what I have seen in my short time (about 5 years) as a Mason. Churches need to do a better job at discipleship.

That said, I have never met a Mason who believed one got to heaven through good works because of masonic teachings. This may be due to the culture I lived in back then (a heavily churched area) as I do not doubt the testimony of others on this thread.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its like a junior lodge for boys-young adults

6. Forever Settled

Forever Settled Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rick , I’m glad you brought up Albert Pike .

Pike was a very wicked Man he was involved with every kind of perversion and debauchery imaginable.

Yet he was used by the masons to connect to the European group and formulate a long range goal or plan for the masons.

They published his writings he was their go to guy .

Yet he is a man who has been honored like No other mason .

Interesting read at the official website of the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction. Click on The House Of The Temple, Virtual Tour, and Pike Museum, where you will find the following:

"The Albert Pike Museum is a dedicated memorial to Albert Pike, who was Grand Commander of this Supreme Council from 1859 until his death in 1891, at the age of 82. During these 32 years, he wrote and compiled many books and became familiar with numerous languages, among them Latin, Greek, and Sanskrit.

Pike is a highly regarded Masonic scholar, philosopher and historian. With his knowledge of languages, he conducted valuable research and rewrote the Rituals of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite.
    His renown as a jurist, orator, philosopher, scholar, soldier, and poet extends throughout the world.

"The Albert Pike Collection features Pike’s personal Library. The collection contains, in addition to his personal memorabilia, a model of the monument erected in his memory, the original of which is located at Third Street and Indiana Avenue, Northwest, in Washington, D.C., near the U.S. Department of Labor building.

This is the only statue in the District of Columbia honoring a Confederate General.
    Also included in the Pike Room’s displays are first editions and holograph copies of many of Pike’s works; his original desk, lamp, clock, and chair; many Personal items including Masonic regalia, a representative sampling of his large collection of pipes, and a plaster-cast death mask."

Very strange that so many Masonic apologists go so far out of their way to discredit Albert Pike, yet he appears to be quite highly revered by the Scottish Rite.

He is also entombed there.......like a pharaoh or a stalin. .

7. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To join the Gideons, one has to declare that one is not a member of a 'secret society.'
    I think that has more to do with the Masons than with James Bond.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a very good observation, but I don't think it very strange. The reason the Masons stopped giving out Morals and Dogma was no one was reading it. Here is another interesting point that is in the forward to Pike's book:

“ Perhaps it would have been better and more acceptable if he had extracted more and written less…. Every one is entirely free to reject and dissent from whatsoever herein may seem to him to be untrue or unsound. It is only required of him that he shall weigh what is taught, and give it fair hearing and unprejudiced judgment.” (Morals and Dogma, preface).

The problem, IMHO, should not be based on superstition and proven hoaxes. Many Christian traditions contain superstition and the "degrees" are highly based in tradition. The problem is that Freemasonry is at it's core a type of deistic humanism. It presents all religions as equal with the same ultimate common goal - the betterment of man. Everything is focused on man - on human virtue, on human aid, on this "brotherhood of man". Nothing points to God. In fact, the only reason belief in a god is required is that they believe it gives man a sense of morality and accountability.

It is, in a way, an embodiment of the goal of every religion EXCEPT Christianity.

Add to that the "degrees". I mentioned that these degrees are basically plays that are acted out. I don't know if anyone caught this, but this is how first century paganism inducted its members. The candidate for the cult assumed the role of initiate in the pagan rites.

That is another organization I should have mentioned (not that they are like the Masons but that several churches have spoken out against Christians becoming members as they are "unequally yoked" to others of diverse doctrine).

9. Forever Settled

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I agree....I have the book and have read most of it very hard to read....you can sense the man was influenced by some evil spirits.

The thing the apologists don’t like to admit is he re-formulated the degrees in the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction......the man puts words on paper as to their very core doctrinal beliefs.

Most men didn’t like reading his thorough explanations of indepth masonic beliefs.

But as I pointed out he is STILL entombed in their house of the dead.....museum death mask and all .

But yes he was twisted.....also there is a reason for that preface you mentioned Pike didn’t put that in there the masons did....If questioned about the book it’s easy for the masonic apologists to hide behind that disclaimer.

10. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you may have possibly been misled by some of the false stories about Pike made up by hoaxer Leo Taxil. I have not read any books by Albert Pike, and I do not defend him. The Everything Freemasons Book claimed that Pike "was a devout Christian who was fluent in Hebrew and Greek" (p. 230), but its authors may not be Christians themselves and may not know how to identify who is a Christian. Likely they are trying to present what they think that Pike claimed to be.

While it would be good to present accurate information concerning Masons, it may be possible to go too far in being anti-Masonic. In the 1800's, there was an Anti-Masonic political party in America. In the past, it has sometimes led to persecution and killing of Masons.

The Everything Freemasons Book claimed that Adolf Hitler asserted in his book Mein Kampf that "the Jews used the Freemasons to achieve their goals" (p. 161).

This book claimed that "before, during, and after the war [WWII] Freemasons in countries all over Europe were being killed, incarcerated, or scattered to the wind as a result of anti-Masonic governments and dictators" (p. 166).

Matthew 12:26
    And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

11. Forever Settled

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess you skip and don’t read all the Pike quotes I have posted.
    Read what Pike had to say about Christ and come back and convince us Pike was a devout Christian.

12. Forever Settled

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps YOU are the one who has been misled by the fairy tale book you are quoting.

The masons even try to avoid Pike because he was so anti Jesus Christ.

But Rick.... I think you ought to continue defending Pike.... that helps us better understand your true agenda.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You disobey the Scriptures with your false allegation. I did not defend Pike as you incorrectly allege.

After I accurately quoted from a book about Masons, I pointed out my observation that you deleted from what I stated. I did not claim that Pike was a devout Christian. I accurately quoted what the authors of this book about Masons stated.

Do you suggest that when you quote Albert Pike that you agree with him since you incorrectly try to suggest that I supposedly agree with what I quoted?

#93 Logos1560, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think he was a bit off his rocker.

15. Forever Settled

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are calling him a great Christian.....by referencing some phoney book.

I am showing Pike hated Christ referencing Pikes own words.

Tell us more Rick.

16. Forever Settled

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree......Devil possessed would explain it nicely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Logos1560

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not true as you have been properly informed. Your allegation is improper and wrong. I made it very clear that I did not agree with the quotation.

According to a consistent, just application of your own incorrect allegation, you would be agreeing with Albert Pike when you quote him.

18. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry reading posts like this:
    What in the world???
    That's not "a Masonic symbol" it's the logo of Oxford University!

https://books.google.com/books?id=KvRIAAAAIAAJ&pg=PR5

19. Forever Settled

Faith:
    Baptist
    Albert Pike received a vision, which he described in a letter that he wrote to Mazzini, dated August 15, 1871. This letter graphically outlined plans for three world wars that were seen as necessary to bring about the One World Order, and we can marvel at how accurately it has predicted events that have already taken place.

He was bringing in the illuminate to masonary for the antichrist .

Rick he wanted pure Luciferian doctrine and the extermination of Christianity.
    You want us to believe he was a fine christian man....tell us more Rick.

20. Forever Settled

Faith:
    Baptist
    The truth is that the Illuminati-Freemasonry is Mystery Babylon the House of the Dead.
    It is the Antichrist Movement, Satan's Kingdom .

The Illuminati has its tentacles in the Roman Catholic Church.
    The Illuminati-Freemasonry is Satanism.

Freemasonry defined, by it's heiarchy as being the ancient religion of blending religions, and this is why Jorge Mario Bergoglio, better known as "Pope Francis" is feverishly working to unite and merge all world religions.

The Roman Catholic Church has always been identified as the Great Whore that sits on seven hills.

The reality of what "Pope Francis" is doing, as a worker of iniquity, to openly merge all world religions into One World Religion affirms this fact.

The Illuminati-Freemasonry has long been working to also merge world Governments into a One World Government for the ushering in of the Antichrist in their New World Order.

Pike was chosen to connect the Iiiuminate of Eurpoe to the lodge of this country.....and he was highhly sucessful.

They are the workers of iquity, who with the spirit of antichrist, being comprised of Satanists-Witches are the very ones deceiving the world into bending the knee to Baal, and Albert Pike is highly reveared for his writings in Morals and Dogma, as he outlined Freemasonry's agenda of uniting world religions for prayer and worship to their great father Baal, in conjunction with his outline of reshaping and molding Society to bring it back to the days of the Tower of Babel, and to the time before the Great Flood.

These are the men of old, spoken about in 2Peter 2-3 and Jude that are beasts fitted for destruction that were forordained for this purpose, and they are the false teachers that have infiltrated the Church Denominations to teach and seduce the servants of Jesus Christ, as they are the men and women that hold and teach both the doctrines of Balaam and the Nicolaitans.

They are also the same people that Apostle Paul spoke about in 2Timothy 3:8 Just as Jannes and Jambres, the magic practicing priests withstood Moses in Egypt, these also withstand the Saints, as they speak lies in hypocrisy.

They are Satan's ministers/Jezebel's servants. They trace the roots back to Egypt, the Tower of Babel, and to the time before the flood. Their claims of their roots are found in their own writings .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.