1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Masons/MorningStars

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Angie Miller, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Angie Miller

Angie Miller New Member

Are the Masons/Morning Stars, a Religious Cult?

2. Eladar

Eladar New Member

They teach salvation by works, without the need for Christ.

You decide.

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

By that reckoning, so does the boy scouts and girl scouts.

4. Angie Miller

Angie Miller New Member

I was hoping for a little more indepth description of them. I know nothing about this Cult, as someone says it is.
    Thanks Angie

5. Eladar

Eladar New Member

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know of no reason why anyone believes the Masons think there is anything like salvation by works.

I can categorically deny the Boys Scouts believe any such thing. (But JohnV, you already knew that, didn't you?)

(From a former Cubmaster, Webelos assistant leader, Webelos leader and assistant Scoutmaster.)

[ December 03, 2002, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: rsr ]

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

Masons believe in salvation by keeping a moraly clean life, that sounds like works to me.

8. Angie Miller

Angie Miller New Member

Why is it they seem to be so secretive?

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Like I said earlier, by that reckoning, so do boy scouts and girl scouts.

Johnv
    former boy scout

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't know John, do the girl scouts and boy scouts preach salvation? Or do they just lead the children to do good? Masons actually claim salvation by works, dedicated to any god.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I disagree. Masons don't preach salvation. They're not a religion (as are neither the boy nor girl scouts). They do require that members believe in a higher power (as do the boy and girl scouts), and they do, however, "preach" good works (as do the boy and girl scouts).

Come to think of it, AA is not a religion, requires a belief in a higher power, and preaches good works.

Come to think of it, NarcAnon is not a religion, requires a belief in a higher power, and preaches good works.

12. Eladar

Eladar New Member

I don't recall any boy scout or girl scout rituals in which they tell their initiates that when they stand naked before God at the Great White Throne that the piece of clothing they were receiving would help to ensure their salvation.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

Good works for the sake of good works is one thing. But good works for salvation is another.

14. DinkyDoo

DinkyDoo New Member

Angie-
    When I was growning up my dad was a 32 degree mason. I joined the Job's daughters which is the girl side of the Masons. Please note that my parents are catholic and did this more for buisness than any thing else.
    I am not sure what they really do inside the temple. there is alot of rituals that happend. I found a few books that the masons give out to their brothers after my dad died. This book basically says that the idea and brotherhood came from egypt. Alot of the rituals are based from the rituals in egypt. There was not alot of bible reading or anything. It was really ritual thing. I never really did get it. I was basically there to meet boys! HAHA
    Anyway...If you have any other questions about it let me know.
    PS. I renounced everything I ever did in there!
    Its under the blood now! Praise the Lord Jesus and I thank HIM!!!!!

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Freemasoner originated in Scotland, I believe. I'm not really sure where the ties to Egypt came in. If someone knows, I'm all ears. It wouldn't surprise me, though, since freemasons were related to the profession of building construction, and the Egyptian home to arguably the best construction techniques in the world (the Egyption builders took their craft very, VERY seriously).

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You're referring to a writing that describes the analogy of being present before God and being told "well done. good and faithful servant". That's not a parallel of salvation, it's a parallel to the biblical view that each of us will be judge according to our works. I don't think this is part of the Masonic code; it's among writings by Masonic leaders. I could be wrong.

[ December 05, 2002, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Johnv ]

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I joined the Job's daughters which is the girl side of the Masons.

And let me tell you, no one has ever done a better job at washing my car than the recent Job's Daughters car wash near my house!!

18. Eladar

Eladar New Member

You're referring to a writing that describes the analogy of being present before God and being told "well done. good and faithful servant". That's not a parallel of salvation, it's a parallel to the biblical view that each of us will be judge according to our works. I don't think this is part of the Masonic code; it's among writings by Masonic leaders. I could be wrong.

You are wrong, it is a part of a Blue Lodge ritual that every initiate goes through. Here is part of it:

Each candidate, upon completion of the initiation is given a white Lambskin Apron whose pure and spotless surface, he is told, would be

Tell me John, is there any ceremony that Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts go through that even comes close to this?

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

It still looks to me like a parallel to the biblical view that each of us will be judge according to our works. Not one of salvation by works.

20. Eladar

Eladar New Member

Is it Biblical that we be judged purely on our works?

By the way, you didn't answer my question:

Is there any ceremony that Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts go through that even comes close to this?