1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Massachusetts Universal Health Care Cuts

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As lawmakers on Capitol Hill battle to create a nationwide health care system to cover all, Massachusetts is struggling to keep the state's groundbreaking universal coverage program up and running.

Facing a massive budget shortfall, lawmakers are cutting roughly 30 thousand legal, taxpaying immigrants out of the state subsidized Commonwealth Care program.

Health Care for All, a Boston based advocacy group, is taking hundreds of calls on their help line from people like El Salvador native Eugenio Hernandez who is battling prostate cancer and will be among those losing coverage.

Hernandez tells Fox News he pays his taxes and a small premium for the insurance he considers vital. "They're going to send me the bills and there's no way I can afford to pay them." Hernandez explained, expecting more doctors’ visits to come.

More Here

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

my forecast: on the nationwide level, the government will keep the plan going, by going into massive debt. Medical professionals will tire of the late payments and cutbacks...and will either go "black market" or get out of the medical field completely. This will force the government to either (a) Force them to stay in (yet another erosion of personal liberties) or (b) Start a massive new federal hiring program...effectively putting doctors on the dole as government workers. That should accelerate the decline of services...think of your local DMV, with needles.

This will be sad to watch.