1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Master of Divinity, Accredited, and Fully On Line

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Rhetorician, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gentle people:

Here is a program that I actually first saw on the ad header above on the BB. It is a Master of Divinity degree, from an accredited University, that is 75 sem. hrs., that is all on line.

Here it is:

http://www.nnu.edu/mdiv

What think ye?

There is only one draw back that I can personally see: That is: the degree must be done in a semi-Pelagian, Arminian, holiness, Pentecostal, Nazarene context. Now, if one can stand that then this might be a great thing to do.

Let me know what you think?!

sdg!:thumbs:

rd

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would still recommend Luther Rice or Liberty Seminary, both of which also offer fully accredited MDivs online. ;)

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

What do I think?

Rhett, I think the program is a little over-priced at almost $33,000. I see no outstanding faculty and the courses are soft, IMHO. Did you see any language requirements whatsoever? (I don't see any undergraduate Biblical language requirements for admission either but I did notice that they require "inclusive language" in all papers. :laugh: Well, I think that may say something about where their priorities may be.) It's all methods with a smattering of history and theology. Then, it appears a little short on credits for a M.Div. too. Yet, I think people will take this program because they want a degree and this program is convenient, easy and accredited. I would bet, if I was a gambling soul, that unaccredited Whitefield Theological Seminary is significantly cheaper and more rigorous than this program. So, it's a choice between an accredited degree and an education, IMHO. I would opt for the education.

Personally, I don't think much of it as a M.Div. even if it is accredited.