1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matt. 10:23

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by BAPTIST27105, Jul 24, 2002.

1. BAPTIST27105

BAPTIST27105 Guest

Jesus said to His disciples in the first century, "But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come" (Matthew 10:23). Was Jesus referring to His second coming in this verse?

[ July 24, 2002, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: BAPTIST27105 ]

2. Janetta Hampton

Janetta Hampton New Member

I think He was refering to His return after the crucifiction. The reason why I think that is first; Jesus told them only to go to the lost in Israel at that particular time. At His second coming the gospel will have been preached to all the nations. Second; He was giving them a pep talk because He knew their faith would be shaken after He was crucified. He was trying to let them know He would be back before they had finished their first assignment [​IMG]

3. Chris Temple

Chris Temple New Member

Matt 10:23 When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next; for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel, before the Son of man comes.