1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matt. 16.18--A View Biblically Considered

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Frogman, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Hello Ray,

We see the Arc of the covenant as a prefigurement of Mary since arc contained 3 things...

The Tora...the word of God... Jesus is the word of God incarnate.

Aarons priestly staff .... Jesus is the High Priest of the church.

Manna ... Jesus is the Bread of Life.

Just as the Arc carried these things so to does Mary carry them in her womb.

Yes Jesus is the Mother of God in that she is the Mother of Jesus who is God. The Blessed Virgin Mary did not give Jesus his divine nature but was human mother who gave birth to Jesus.

You guys just can cut the Blessed Virgin Mary a break. I know if someone trashed my mother I would not be too happy.

Jesus was the only one to ever pick his mother and if Mary is good enough for Jesus she is good enough for me.

Yours in Christ
    Daniel

2. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Does she still?

Aren't you really saying that Mary represents to you a "type of the Arc", and not the Arc of the Covenant itself?

Is Mary to be worshipped because she was the 'lowly human vessel' chosen by God for the manifestation of his Son in the flesh to All mankind? Or is Mary to revered as a special person because of her fidelity to God in allowing God to use her in that manner?

Why is it that any man should receive adoration for believing and obeying God? Are there not many others who have done just as much?

3. A_Christian

A_Christian New Member

So we also see that Mary was built like a box and sat alone in her room all day and anyone who'd touch her was a dead man. Oh, brother. How to turn the Word of GOD into an allegorical tale.

4. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

My mother is up there with, as you folks say, the holy family.

You said, 'I know if someone trashed my mother I would not be too happy.

Ray is saying, 'Protestants and other Christians don't trash Mary, but neither do we elevate her as co-Redemptrix with Christ. Christ is uniquely Almighty God. Mary was a chosen vessel and she produced our Savior Jesus Christ. I also hold to the virgin birth. We draw back because we do not want to syphon off worship and adoration to any other than the Son of God, our Savior.