1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matt 7's "I never knew you" continued

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

It's a pitty you 'adjusted', because it is no mistake to regard the O. as a S. - even the grammarians call the O. the 'weaker S. - as I've shown from D&M. Paul does NOT 'wish', 'something would happen ... something that certainly wasn't a guarantee to happen'. To use 'grammar-logic', Paul supposes the impossibility of the impossible, that what he PRAYS for - not 'wishes' for - might happen with the absolute certainty and guarantee of FAITH in CHRIST.

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Sounds confusing.

Too bad God is the author of confusion, instead of simply meaning what he says. Almost like a politician.

3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well as always we must adjust to Scripture not the other way around, so there is no need for pitty on my behalf in this instance :).

If this is not a probability, but a certainty then you do you think God is going to perform this act on a person that quenches the Holy Spirit?

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Did Paul 'quench the Holy Spirit'?

It is a subjucnctive Optative used in and for PRAYER - It should make a difference, you know?

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Nice question with a question, but I asked you first. So if there is no possibility that God will not perform what Paul is praying for, will God perform it on a person who quenches the Holy Spirit?