1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matt Drudge protects Foley wonder why???

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Oct 4, 2006.

1. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

matt drudge the cause of a lot of our present political discourse who has a past himself ...attacks underage children but defends an adult predator who happens to be a congressman ...that is reprehensible.

http://www.rawstory.com/comments/20608.html

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Here comes Matt "The Eggman" Drudge to (Mr. Predatorgate) Mark Foley's defense. He uses that age old "attack the messenger" conservative technique-only in a creepier way. He says the congressional pages are just as responsible because of Youtube and pop culture and how dare they egg him on like that. They are just 16 and 17 year old beasts after all and not innocent little babies who are engaged in a conspiracy against poor, old Foley. What kind of beast does that make the 52 year old Foley?[/FONT]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20061003/cm_huffpost/030785

Matt Drudge takes all of this to a deeper, darker place, and perhaps it's logical conclusion. Matt Drudge, like the Republican leadership and the Fox News commentators, is so single minded and addicted to power that he's willing to blame the children themselves.
    This is how upside down and wretched their world has become. They blame the children for the actions of adults. And it's no different from the mindset that blames other countries for our failure to find weapons of mass destruction, a mindset that cannot ever accept responsibility, it's just more obvious.
    One has to believe that the right wing media, falling over themselves to protect their masters, will also suffer from the credibility they are squandering so recklessly. I have to believe that even the most dedicated Ditto-head will hesitate to believe that it's the adults that need to be protected from the children. After all, Republican Congressman Mark Foley did try to actually meet with the youth. After all, what is law and order if we can't protect our children from those that would abuse them? And adults that want to look away while children are abused are guilty of abuse themselves.

http://donklephant.com/2006/10/02/matt-drudge-defends-sexual-predators/

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, ASLANSPAL, you're really one to be badmouthing a person about attacking someone. :laugh:

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Drudge has done a lot of things, but this is despicable. Children are not to blame for pedophiles.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with anyone referring to these people talking like that as "beasts".

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Children are not "beasts."

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those weren't five year olds talking that way, Galatian. Before the modern day softening of society people of their age were considered young people, not children.

7. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Sorry, a 16-year-old, particularly one who's been seduced by a much older adult, is not the pedophile. The adult is.

Drudge is who he is, so no one should be surprised that he's making excuses for pedophiles.

But I'm not going to.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there is no physical contact, has pedophilia taken place?

Matt is not defending pedophilia, regardless of how often the Hate Drudge Club says it, regardless of how many hit pieces are posted against him by liberals.

9. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

How many of you read what openly-homosexual David Brock wrote about Matt Drudge in his book Blinded By The Right?

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Liberals hate Drudge primarily because of "Monica". It colors their thinking at all times, although his reporting is fairly centrist.

11. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Oh, no, Drudge is not supporting pedophilia. :rolleyes: He's just blaming the kids. That's exactly what the pedophiles do.

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Ironically, it was Foley who sponsored the bill to make internet kiddie stalking illegal.

I don't hate Drudge; he doesn't mean much at all to me.

13. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

"Blinded by the Right" Wikipedia

Blinded by the Right: The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative (ISBN 1-4000-4728-5) is a 2002 book written by former conservative journalist David Brock detailing his departure from the conservative movement. It is also the story of his coming out as a gay man. In the book, he recounts visiting gay bars with Matt Drudge and other conservatives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinded_by_the_Right

I think their are a lot of angry gays in the Republican right wing movement
    who are extremely dysfunctional. I think drudge is doing a pre emptive attack since a lot of these Republicans will be outed as in the closet.

So blame the kids....blame others...blame..blame...blame perhaps they can divert attention long enough until something else takes up the news cycle.

I don't think so people are waking up to this dysfunctional crew that use
    deception.

14. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

I think Drudge is taking a big chance, parroting the NAMBMLA line.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lucky you.

To many liberals, he ranks right up there with Karl Rove or Dick Cheney.;)

The Corrupt Old Media doesn't care much for him either. He "scoops" them far too often to suit them.

16. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I would say right DOWN there.

17. Baptist in Richmond

I have yet to see anyone here state that they "hate" Drudge. This sounds a lot like what Rush Limbaugh says: "The liberals hate" this or "the liberals hate" that. As a matter of fact, Drudge has been giving links to stories heralding his website. For example:
    According to the Washington Post, "our largest driver of traffic is Matt Drudge."
    http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003221716

His "reporting" is NOT "fairly centrist." Even Drudge himself does not make such a claim. For the most part, Drudge simply produces links to other stories and websites written by other people. Any material he personally produces could hardly be called "fairly centrist" as it almost always is some sort of attack on the Left, or the Democrats.

Nobody responded to my question, so I thought I would ask it again: have any of you seen what David Brock wrote regarding his own personal experience with Matt Drudge in his book Blinded by the Right?

Hmmmm..........

BiR

18. Baptist in Richmond

Sorry, Aslanspal: I didn't see the your post - thanks for the info!

God's Blessings to you and yours,
    BiR

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Drudge_Report

Criticism

Critics argue [citation needed] that the only stories Drudge actually breaks are completely conceived, researched, funded, and written by other reporters. In 1998, Federal Judge Paul Friedman noted in a judgment on a libel lawsuit, which ended in Drudge's favor, that Drudge is not a "reporter, a journalist, or a newsgatherer" (this case is covered in more detail below). Many times, Drudge Report will feature a headline with a link back to Drudge. However, most claims are eventually confirmed with an article link to the website of a traditional news outlet.

Charges of bias

A UCLA political scientist published a study of media bias in December 2004[6] which found -- based on a comparison of articles linked to by Drudge with Congressional voting records -- that the Drudge Report leans "left of center, compared to the average American voter", which the researcher also found to be true in the newspapers he studied.[7]

Drudge has distanced himself from establishment conservatives, arguing that his politics more accurately reflect libertarianism. For example, he is often critical of the Federal Communications Commission's regulation of indecency, the USA PATRIOT Act, the prevalence of hidden cameras in public places, of an increased and visible presence of police, and of attempts to limit online file-sharing.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awwww Carpo now you went and done it! You posted some facts yet again. Stop it! You are making to much sense.:BangHead: