1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matt

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Beth, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Beth

Beth New Member

Matt is a friend of a friend who came over to hunt in our woods over the last two days. Yesterday morning, after his hunt was successful, he came in for a cup of coffee while waiting for two other men to help him bring the deer from the woods.

I didn't know him that well, so while he and I sat at my kitchen table over coffee, I told him that as long as he was sitting at my table, I just HAD to discuss the gospel with him. He listened, not sure that he was particularly convicted. Turns out he is a lapsed Catholic....I was praying before I told him anything and it is neat that I was led to discuss my husband's reasons he left the Catholic church and turned to a saving faith in Jesus Christ! All this before I knew Matt had a Catholic background!

Matt wants to come over in the next couple of weeks and bring his two little girls to visit us and see our chickens. Please pray that the Lord open another door for the gospel and, as in the words of Paul, we can make it manifest....we can be clear about a faith in Jesus Christ apart from works.

Thank you!

Your sis in Christ,
    Beth

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying: for you Beth and your husband
    as you are given the times to witness
    to Matt and his children.