1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Matthew 10

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by webdog, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Archie the Preacher

Webdog

The two passages are not contradictory. They address slightly different matters and circumstances.

Remaining 'faithful unto death' (martyrdom) is not to be conflated with 'seeking death'.

If you recall, Paul the Apostle went to great lengths to not be executed (or the functional equivalent of lynched by a mob). He asked for treatment as a Roman citizen - which guaranteed a fair trial (at the very least much fairer than the lynch mob) and even appealed to Caesar. He did NOT run headlong into a violent death at the first opportunity.

On the other hand, when he and many like him could have avoided death by denying Jesus, Paul and many like him died as a Christian.

Does that address your question?

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well Willis, what I'm talking about is the shepherds doing their duty and feeding the flock, which in my instance at that time was ZACTLY what they did. It delivered me. It saved me.

God's system of giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater works.

#22 kyredneck, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  3. beameup

beameup Member

This section of scripture may have had a "partial fulfillment", but it is directed at the Tribulation believers. Those who resist "the Mark" will be martyred.
    There will be apostles saved in the same manner of Paul, during the Tribulation (144,000). Those who "endure unto the end" (of life, or the 2nd coming) will be saved.

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Jesus said to "taste of Me and see that I am good". Just because we tasted of Him once, doesn't mean we don't get a "nibble" hither and yon. He is the honey in the lion that Samson slew and found the very next day.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ......:thumbs:

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Rather than rewrite scripture, I accept it.

2) How did the devil blind the minds if they were born with total spiritual inability. Do you not realize your view is unsupportable?

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, note that even the passages cited by Calvinism, shout that Calvinism is mistaken.

In Matthew 13 we read of four soils, with the first soil so hardened it cannot understand the gospel. Thus the god of this world, who advocates the practice of sin, had blinded some, i.e. one out of four soils.

What Calvinism does, again and again, is insert all or nothing into the text, here its all the unbelieving, even though it does not fit with the unbelieving being blinded from birth. And as I showed, the actual idea is that some of the unbelieving have been blinded, but they were not born that way.

It is amazing how anyone could consider Calvinism anything but a relic from the dark ages.

#27 Van, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014