1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured matthew 22 Parable wedding Feast/many called few chosen!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DaChaser1, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What??? Where on earth would anyone get that idea? That's sick.

2. Forest

Forest New Member

What do you mean by [sic[?

3. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    convicted1 nailed with his first post! I often use this passage v.1-14 to illustrate the truth of not everyone that is saved is a member of the Bride and I run into the same Calvinist objections that have been presented here. The ¨Calvinist¨ position is, I´m informed, not what Rev. Calvin taught but in not caring to follow some man into Hell I have come to the Biblicist´s position and follow, only, the leading of the Holy Spirit.

In this passage we are taught that many (the Bride and the Guests) are called but few (the Bride of the Christ) are chosen. Now, scripture being written by our LORD is, as expressed else where, a mystery to be worked out by men and I believe I have been led to understand that this passage extends further. I also see that, because of God´s love, every man, woman and child is called but few are chosen.

Now be careful, remember, I am not a Five Point Hyper-Calvinist! God, not rrestricted by the Time/Space Continuum He created for our use, fore-knew, exactly who would and who would not accept His call on their lives.

Good call convicted1.

4. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

ONLY 2 classes of persons!

Saved and lost!

ALL in the Body of Christ, His church/bride are the saved, those NOT are the lost!

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You mean that there are those who are saved who are not a member of the Bride of Christ?

6. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I notice that you are shooting from the hip and are not relying on your Sword.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What?

8. mandym

mandym New Member

Meaning relying on self and personal logic rather than the Word of God.

9. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we look at the text and examine the context that is what Jesus said. For further input from the scriptures http://www.av1611.org/jmelton/Judgment.html is a good source giving scripture. All of the members of the Bride do not even hold the same level and when we consider that our God is perfectly Just it would be less than right for the man that accepted salvation and went home to do nothing for the cause to be equal with a man like Moody, whose every reath was for the cause of the Christ. And then, God being perfectly Just, a similar level of punishment exists in Hell and the Fiery Abyss.

10. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I understood that. I just didn't understand why bill would question the post.

11. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, that is exactly what the metaphor means here and that, shooting from the hip, is the origin of so much heresy and is easily used by Satan and his boys.

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Your link says nothing about the Bride of Christ and I see nothing in Scripture about there being people who are being saved who are not part of the bride.

13. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

ALL in the bride/body of Christ there SAME way...

By the Grace of God, through the Cross of Christ!

14. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

there is NO scripture to show that some saved NOT part of bride of Christ!

Body/bride/church same thing!

15. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

maybe because there are NONE?

Point of the wedding feast is that ONLY those with right cloths stay in the feast, those washed by blood of the lamb!

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

The "two seed"/"serpent seed" doctrine is just as plausible as the multiple salavtions being purported on here.

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Thank you Brother Bill, but this all belongs to God. He is the One who gives me my understanding.

18. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This will sound rude but it only meant to be to the point. My steady teaching is that the Bible is ofone context from ¨In the beginning¨ all the way through the very last Amen of Revelation 22. This then ties all of the Bible, firmly together and we know that there is nothing in this Time/Space Continuum that was not created by Jesus. (John 1:1-3)

Now, to the point. No scripture nor any group of scriptures can be understood without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and having that, not without the light of all other scripture shinning on it. Now, with the light of this Matthew 22:1-14 shinning on the scriptures I gave the link to they should take on a much different tone than before and enable you to see my point.

Every saved man in Heaven cannot be in the Bride except that some from Hell would be the guests and after the Wedding Feast be sent to Hell. The time table that appears to be set in the scripture for the second resurrection, the resurrection of the Dead, is about a thousand earth years after the Feast. And so it is that with, what I have felt assured to be, the help of the Holy Spirit, I have arrived at and hold to this position on this non-essential to salvation matter.

Hopping this helps and praying for Godś blessing for each of us.

19. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen and I´ll say it again, Amen, without Him we can know nothing!

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have no clue what you are talking about here. Maybe it is the medicine that I'm taking (it really IS making me not be able to understand some things) but this really makes no sense to me. Do you have any other sources for this understanding you have or are you the only one who has come to this conclusion? I've never heard of this idea before.