1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured matthew 22 Parable wedding Feast/many called few chosen!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DaChaser1, Feb 20, 2012.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Unfortunately you have NOT misunderstood him....:tear:

2. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann,
    Had this been one of those poker games I used to play before I was saved I would have been all in and would have just walked out the door empty handed! You have my sincerest humble apology. And Forest, I am guilty of not back tracking after having been sick this past week and you are, indeed, all wet.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL - I figured you might have missed some of what he said but once you read it, you kind of go :eek:

Apology accepted completely. :D

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever wondered why or how Jesus can be so faithful with out any faith?
    1Co 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
    1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
    1Th 5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

What can we say God is faithful . What does God have faith in? God has faith in those who believe in Him. He trust in your commitment to Him. You might ask how can God trust man? I can only say that trust from both who are in a commitment to each must trust each other. Otherwise there can be no relationship. Just as we trust He will never leave us He must also trust we will never leave Him.

MB

5. Forest

Forest New Member

You do not understand the truth if all scriptures do not harmonise. God's elect are numbered as the sands of the sea and the stars in the sky, innumerable. The idea of only a few will be saved is not truth, and will not harmonise with other scriptures..

6. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Forest,
    You´re all wet but letś try not to be rude on my part and let me explain, both why you need to take a towel to the area behind your ears and the reason I know so quickly.

Letś begin with why I know it; My mission, in life, for the decade of the 1960s was to bring Liberty to all of the world. My method of accomplishing this was to be the servant to the Mighty Men of the US Army. During my eight years of service, including three combat tours in Vietnam I saved a number of people´s lives and killed and assisted in killing more than I could ever have counted.

Committing to and surviving such an endeavor is to gain quite an education and coupling that training to better than twenty years of daily study, prayer and prayerful submission to the Holy Spirit is to have been enlightened... somewhat!

Now, I have witnessed and I have read accounts of the foolish endeavors to harmonize the Four Gospels but you are my first encounter with a body trying to harmonize the entire Bible... forget this! I doubt it but you working definition of te word might help but if it does it will only be of value in this one case. Most folks that follow Jesus are very wary of Revisionists for darn good reason.

Now, the Bible is, every bit of it, of a single context and that is the salvation of sinful man. But here lies the major issue with the heresy you are trying to teach;
    ...1. For salvation to happen or to even be needed, there must be something to be saved from.
    ...2. Your ideas, as posted, must but cannot fly in the face of the Word of God. Jesus/God taught more on Hell than He did on Heaven.
    ...3. Your position removes all reason for the Father to send the Son to pay the debt He did not owe, the very same debt you an never pay without Him.

God bless, I hope you will read the Bible with the Holy Spirit´s guidance.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

They scriptures do harmonize with each other, you're just singing "off key", playing the wrong "tune".

8. Forest

Forest New Member

Salvation is a deliverance. Yes we must be saved from something. Eternal salvation means we are saved from this sinful world. There is a salvation (deliverance) in coming unto a knowledge of the truth, not being saved from this sinful world (eternal), but being saved (delivered) from believing in false doctrines. Baptism doeth also now save (deliver) us, not eternally but it delivers us from a guilty conscience, 1 Pet 3:20-21. Most of the salvation scriptures are refering to timely salvations (deliverances) and not to eternal salvation.

9. Forest

Forest New Member

Christ came to this world to do his Father's will and John 6:37-41 tells us what his Father's will was. To die as a sacrifice for the sins of all that his Father gave him. He did not die for all mankind but only for those that his Father gave him and he said that he would raise them all up at the last day. Now, if Christ died for all mankind then all mankind will be raised up at the last day and that will not harmonise with other scriptures.

10. Forest

Forest New Member

If you are interpreting the scriptures to teach that God wants to eternally save all mankind, then you are "singing off key" and playing the wrong tune. God does all of his will and none can stay his hand, Dan 4:35., Isa 50:2.

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

That's not what I am talking about. You stating multilple salvations is plain out right false doctrine. Unfortunatey you do not think so, being a "remnant" of the remnant.

12. Forest

Forest New Member

Yes and that is a true statement! God says those who do not have the Spirit are none of his, Rom 8:9. Preaching to the natural man is usless. The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God; for they are folishness unto him; neith can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned, 1 Cor 2:14. Paul ask the brethern to pray that he be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men who have not faith, 2 Thes 3:2. The inspired scriptures are not written to the natural man, but to those that are already his children as instructions as to how they should live their lives as they sojourn here in this world. There are scriptures telling us how that we can be saved (delivered) here in this world, but there are no scriptures telling the natural man how he can get eternally saved.

13. Forest

Forest New Member

No, our faith does not cause our eternal salvation. The natural man does not have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, and faith is a fruit of the Spirit.

14. Forest

Forest New Member

The bible tells us how we WERE eternally saved on the cross, but it does not tell us how we can get eternally saved. It does tell us how that we can get saved (delivered) from many situations in this world. Most of the salvation scriptures are refering to timely salvations (deliverances) that we receive here in this world.

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well, I need to erase the verses that state, "God chose the foolishness of preaching to save those who would believe", "faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God", "how can they believe in Him whom they have not heard", and "How can they hear without a preacher?" Apparently they don't mean what they say according to you...:tear:

16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Remember, God works through the preacher's message to reveal Himself to the lost people. Keep spitting in the face of all the preachers who God has called to save those who would believe.

17. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

While there are plenty of passages where "saved" can refer to something other than eternal salvation, but to say that none refer to eternal salvation is just plain false. First, you are not born saved. Your punishment for sin was paid for on the cross, but you are still born in sin. You were born "dead in your trespasses and sins."

Acts 4:12, 16:31, Romans 10:9 are just 3 examples of "saved" being refereed to eternal salvation and something we were not born with.

So yes, the Bible does tell us how to be eternally saved. It's by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.

18. Forest

Forest New Member

There is a salvation (deliverance) in believing, but it is not eternal. You have to consider what you are being saved (delivered) from when you read the salvation scriptures.

19. Forest

Forest New Member

Preaching the gospel is important. It is teaching his sheep the good news contained in the gospel, and that good news is telling them that their sins were washed as white as snow by Christ upon the cross and none of their sins will be held accountable to them. Now, thats GOOD NEWS. When his sheep come to understand that, they are delivered (saved) from fear and condemnation of believing in a false doctrine, not eternally.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The salvation from believing is eternal. We are being saved from damnation, from eternal separation from God.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

I think that verse very much contradicts what you have stated Forest.