1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Max Lucado/pros and cons

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by exscentric, Jul 31, 2005.

1. superdave

superdave New Member

Max Lucado communicates very deep theological truth in plain conversational and captivating language, the man truly has a gift. In his writing and in hearing him speak, I have been moved. It is not dry theological prose for sure, but it is a very effective and spiritual experience to be confronted with your attitudes and beliefs in a way that brings the Word of God alive. It is what it is, too many people knock it because its not what it isn't, if you take my meaning.

My favorite book is Traveling Light. I have not read several of his books yet. The three I have read were very good.

2. OCC

OCC Guest

Yes, Max truly has a gift. He is an excellent writer. I liked "In the grip of grace" and the one you read in the week up to Easter...I forget what it's called.

3. superdave

superdave New Member

Six Hours One Friday or something like that, its good.

4. Brice

Brice New Member

Love his books. Own 2 of them and he is one of my favorite author's.

5. OCC

OCC Guest

Not that one superdave, but that's good too. I think it's "The angels were silent" or something like that.

6. uhdum

uhdum New Member

For a devotional author, I really enjoy Max Lucado. He has a way with words... he can discuss timeless truths in an amazing way.

Many of his books are accompanied by study guides. This enables me to study more in-depth the Scriptures that He is referencing. Is he a little "fluffy" at times? Yes. But I don't expect him to come out with a book on Systematic Theology anytime soon anway. :D

7. Dunamis XX

Dunamis XX New Member

I've read some of his books and would classify them in the devotional reading category. One must remember that Lucado is Church of Christ and does put his spin on the Scriptures.

8. In His Grace

In His Grace New Member

I have read some of his books, my favorite is

"It's Not About Me",

an excellent must read book for everyone.