1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MayFlower

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Martin, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just started reading the book "Mayflower" by Nathaniel Philbrick. So far it has just been a review of things I am already familiar with (Puritan beliefs, their historical situation, etc) however it is a very good book. I am sure I will learn many new things about the Pilgrims by reading this wonderful book. It seems to go along with the History Channel's wonderful documentary "Desperate Crossings". Wonderful, just wonderful! :thumbs:

Has anyone else on this forum read this book?

2. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

I haven't purchased this book as of yet, but I have considered it seriously. I think that I came across the other book I posted on when I was looking at the Mayflower book on Amazon.

Julia

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mayflower is a great book. In fact I might be interested in reading other books by Philbrick has written. He has one book called "In The Heart of The Sea" which is the true story behind the Moby Dick tail.