1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McCain and Homosexuality....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by auburnhale, Apr 5, 2008.

1. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

Now, alot of other christians give me a hard time for voting democrat and saying that I support gay marriage if I vote that way. So, my question is...can I call them a gay right supporter if they vote for McCain just to keep Obama out of office? Wouldn't that make them hypocrites? Go to youtube and type in "McCain vs. McCain". Please watch entire video before responding so you understand what Im asking.:thumbs:

2. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

Wow..

Did i strike a guilty nerve or what?

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hmmmm.....
    (Posted at 8:14pm)

The above is admission of trolling.

#3 webdog, Apr 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2008
  4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    auburnhale gets it wrong

==You are basing your position on an anti-McCain video that takes clips/soundbits out of context. The very issue you are raising is a perfect example. McCain says that he has no problem with gay marriages as private ceremonies. Eleven minutes later he says the same thing adding that he does not believe it should be legal (ie...legally recognized). There is no contradiction there. One statement is about what people do on private property and in their private lives, the other is about the legal status of gay marriage.

I guess politics blinds people to the facts sometimes.

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be fair, it may have been a reference to that particular thread.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Here I agree with you, the same was said of Obama Pastor so I think the same should apply here.

So I am clear, if a candidate said they didn't believe abortion should be legal but what you do on private property or in their provate lives is your business...

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==That is a false comparison. Abortion is an issue of murder. Gay marriage is not. While both send people to hell, they are very different issues from a political point of view.

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Hey guy,

You didn't strike a nerve, you will find there are people in this group that don't want to face the tough questions. They will post thread after thread, but when asked a question or given a different view, a lot of these users will ignore you.

It's mostly status quo around here.

Don't get me wrong, there are a number of good posters that will fight and defend their positions, but they are out numbered to the ones that just post crap and never respond.

Good luck on getting on real answers from any of these types.

Jamie