1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured McKissic: Unrepentant Richard Land Should Be Fired

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, Apr 20, 2012.

1. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think Land was spot on. Why do we have to walk on eggshells aroung folks or we will be called racist. God expects the same from all, no matter what color they are or are not. We have posters who start threads that have no good intention designed in them. Jerome you are one of those. I pray you will find love for your fellow man and look past the race, afterall God made them and the color of their skin.

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Land was spot on?

Huh?

Richard Land himself issued a further apology yesterday acknowledging as unchristian his impugning the motives of Sharpton, Jackson, and Obama:

Southern Baptist Ethicist Richard Land Offers Second Apology

The change of heart came after concerned African-American Southern Baptists pastors (among them the next SBC President Fred Luter) converged on Nashville last week to urge Land to repent.

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Land Seeks Obama's Forgiveness

After a "five-hour meeting with African-American leaders and other Southern Baptist officials" Richard Land has revealed that "he has sent a personal letter to President Obama seeking forgiveness".

"Ed Stetzer, a researcher for the Southern Baptist Convention who criticized Land's comments, said he was grateful that black Southern Baptist leaders confronted Land, and wished more white leaders had spoken up.
    "I am very glad that Dr. Land listened to them and apologized," Stetzer wrote Wednesday on his blog."