1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ME (Millennial Exclusion) Posts

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by DeafPosttrib, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Npetreley, you need to know that I have a funny bone and I go off easily. But your point is well taken.

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I agree with you in theory, but:

We see the analogy of the games, with some receiving crowns, others merely the recognition of having run the race (but honored for that), most are simply spectators, with a few who are cast out in shame, and some even punished. Those are the games.

Why do we cast out the parts we don't like and keep the others? Why not keep them all, especially when Scriptures support the idea of crowns, those who ran, those who merely stood by, with the few who are cast out punished?

Why do we take part of the analogy of running the race, but apply part of it to a completely different group?

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I think TC was saying what Jim was saying, but he didn't use all the verbage, so intent was lost.

I understood because of statements that TC has made in the past, and as such, he didn't have any ill intent.

4. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

I am willing to follow and even agree with your arguments if you can substantiate each point with Scripture.

5. skypair

skypair Active Member

Thanks, jim. A few followon points then:

1) Where does the center of the autonomic nervous system reside? You know, the system that regulates hearthbeat, breathing, etc.? In the brain, right? Here's my thought --- that spirit is the mind, emotions, and will in the brain. The brain would be the center not just of the autonomic nervous system but of instincts -- the "sin nature."

2) The spirit does, indeed, go upward upon death -- with the soul. In Rev 6:9 we see the "souls" under the altar but in Heb 12:23 we see the "spirits of just men made perfect." IOW, both soul and spirit go upward.

3) But you can see the necessity of God breathing into Adam a "spirit" (mind of man) and this correlates with Jesus breathing the Holy Ghost, the "mind of God," into His disciples, right? Both give life to the creature (I don't know what is meant by the spirit of beasts going downward unless it speaks of carnality, I admit.).

4) Soul? "Conscience," "God and self awareness." Why? Mainly "the soul that sinneth, it shall surely die." Knowledge of sin appears in the conscience where we compare self to God even before the law. Puritans viewed is as a "judgment seat" of sorts.

skypair

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No, It is the Bible that says that. I don't base my beliefs on my opinion, but rather the Word of God.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
    --It seems to indicate here that one can lose all of his rewards when it says "but he himself shall be saved yet so as by fire." He will not lose his salvation, but will enter the kingdom rewardless.
    No, the Bible states that there are crowns that we can attain as rewards. It is not my opinion, but rather what the Bible states.

2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
    --a crown of righteosness to those that love his appearing: a reward.

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
    --a crown of live: promised (rewarded) to them that love him, evidenced by enduring temptation.

Those are but two examples in Scripture. There are others. Crowns are rewards.

Not all will rule and reign. If I said that or gave someone that idea I was mistaken. It is doubtful that one who has lost all their reward will rule and reign. Only the bride will rule and reign with Christ. To clarify who the bride is: it is made up of NT believers only. That leaves all the OT saints, and all those that come out of the Tribulation Period.
    Remember that John the Baptist, the last of the OT prophets, called himself a "friend of the Bride," and considered not himself a part of the actual Bride. He was still part of that OT dispensation.
    The Jews, any other OT believers, and those who made it through the Tribulation.
    The JSOC deals with individuals. The bride is a corporate body of believers. The one has nothing to do with the other when presented to Christ. In other words the Bride will be presented to Christ as a corporate whole, not as individual believers.
    Do I care? I don't draw my theology from allegories and types. I draw my theology from the teachings of the Bible, particularly from the direct teachings of the NT.
    If you want an example of allegory: A preacher preached on Joshua and the Israelites walking seven times around the walls of Jericho seven times, and then they would fall down. In application, (allegorical of course) he stated that if a man would walk around his girlfriend seven times the walls of her heart would break down, and he would be able to marry her. On the basis of that message many young people rushed into marriage, and of course immediately had problems in their marriages. Your allegorical method of interpretation is foolishness.
    If you really want a parallel Christ took his Bride from those that are born into his family--NT believers--those that are born again.

7. standingfirminChrist

We are in the world, but not of the world.

Just as the OT Brides were brought out of the family, one day, Christ will bring us out of the world. The Bride of Christ is still pictured in the OT.

8. standingfirminChrist

Great answers, DHK!

9. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

But, just like in the types that we are given, he won't take the entire body/family as his bride; only part.

That's why we are given types and antitypes.

Adam's bride was taken from his body, but it was not his entire body.

Isaac's bride was taken from the family, but it was not the entire family.

Christ's bride will be taken from the body/family, but it won't be the entire body/family. It will only be a small part.

10. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Speaking of symbols, did anyone notice this other thread?

Feeding the Sheep or Amusing the Goats

They believe goats are disobedient believers, thus giving a foreign meaning to the other thread. How can one discuss anything with ME folk, since they use a foreign set of symbols and types?

11. Accountable

Accountable New Member

I'm not understanding where you stand here. You say that you were mistaken if you gave the idea that not all will rule and reign, yet your next statement seems to contradict this. You go on to say It is doubtful that one who has lostt all their reward will rule.....

I agree that the Bride is only made up of N.T. believers. O.T. saints are not part of the Bride. Yet I would add that only N.T. believers who have a crown will make up the Bride, the reigning part of the body of Christ.
    I will disagree on another point. According to scripture, there are three governing bodies. The Bride, The 12 who have been appointed thrones, and the martyrs of Great Tribulation. BUT the only chance WE, as N.T. believers have right now is through faithfulness that we might recieve a good reward, a crown, allowing us to be part of the bride.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It seems that you believe in a religion of works.
    Once a person is saved he is part of the bride. If one has to work to be part of the bride then that is a works salvation. The Bride is composed of all NT believers whether they have been greatly rewarded or not. Their rewards are not up to us. That is up to Christ, and we have no right in speculation. We need to go by what Scripure says. All believers make up the bride. We become part of the bride when we get saved. That is clear from Scripture. Once in the bride you do not lose your salvation and are kicked out of the family of God, or of being the bride of Christ. That indicates a works salvation.

Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

The church (all believers) will be presented to Christ as a bride. No believer is excluded from the church.

13. standingfirminChrist

News Flash for those who don't understand the clear teaching of the Word of God .

The Church is the Body. The Body is the Bride.

14. standingfirminChrist

Christ is in every Child of God. He has overcome the world, making us overcomers.

All those who have placed their faith in Christ and the finished work of the cross have overcome through Christ and His shed blood.

Not one part of the Body will be taken away from being the Bride.

We are all members of that one body, and every joint supplieth.

15. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Then you should be able to provide a clear scripture for this teaching.

16. standingfirminChrist

You do not question me with such foolishness, James. You are questioning God's Word.

The questioning of God's Word has been going on for centuries ever since the serpent uttered those words, 'Yea, and hath God said...'

17. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

No, really, I'm questioning you.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Ephesians 5:25-27 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

The entire passage in Eph. 5:22-33 compares the marital relationship to Christ and his bride, which is the church.

19. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

He is going to present the church to Himself without spot or wrinkle, holy and without blemish. That church will become the bride. The church you are in now is not presently that church. He is in the process of sanctifying and cleansing it as we speak. There are some spots that must be taken care of.

20. standingfirminChrist

The one who has placed their faith in Christ and His shed blood is in that Church, James.

The spots that you speak of are not part of the Church. They do not know Christ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.