1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ME (Millennial Exclusion) Posts

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by DeafPosttrib, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

If you all could only truly "see" what it is you are saying.

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Just go to studylight.org and plug in outer darkness and you will have what Scripture has to say on the matter.

3. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

It can't be the same thing because gift and reward don't mean the same thing, therefore they can't contextually be speaking of the same thing. They are two different words will two different meanings. They aren't the same thing. The language simply doesn't allow them to be, much less theology.

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you must believe a man can be saved with out repentance or belief.
    MB

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

He has said many times that a person can stop believing and still be saved.

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

If only you could "see" what it is you're believing.

7. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Ec 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Ec 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

8. standingfirminChrist

There are only 3 verses in the Word of God that mention "outer darkness".
    Matthew 8:12 is speaking of unbelieving Jews... not Christians.

The fact that this man is called servant does not necessarily mean the man was saved. The Jews are called the Lord's servants but they are not all saved.

The fact the man was cast into outer darkness proves he was not saved, but lost. If one looks in the verse 12, one will see that the man did not put on the wedding garment provided by the Groom. He wanted to be a part of the wedding in his own clothes. We muse be clothed in Christ's righteousness, not ours. "Put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ." Nowhere in Scripture is a Child of God said to be in outer darkness. As a matter of fact, it says just the opposite:
    Also, the weeping and gnashing of teeth are associated with damnation and hell.

You cannot use this parable to establish the doctrine of the saved being cast into outer darkness for a thousand years.

Same applies here as the previous verse. A parable. Servants are not necessarily saved. This one is not saved as God's Children are of light and not darkness.

Also, none of these verses address the period of 1,000 years.

#668 standingfirminChrist, Aug 30, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  9. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Maybe we could buy some advertising.

10. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I do "see" what I believe. I used to believe just like the typical Baptist. I have grown up in the Baptist church. I can't tell you how many sermons I have sat and listened to and how many SS lessons that I have sat and listened to.

But at some point we have to test what we are listening to with what Scripture actually "says" not what we want it to say and some of what I have grown up being taught simply isn't true.

I only want to know what Scripture "says" not what man has to say about Scripture. And man has had a LOT to say about Scripture over the last almost 2000 years and there is a lot of "junk" that has to be weeded through.

11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Agreed. And then their is out right lies striaght from the pit of hell like ME which should be exposed ( and it has) and refused.

12. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

The ONLY thing I see if your text is believe. I see NOTHING of repentance and worship. Scripture "says" BELIEVE and you will be saved. We have to let Scripture speak and then stop where Scripture stops.

Scripture does not say that man has to repent of sins or worship Him in order to receive everlasting life. The ONLY thing we have to do is accept that which has been done on our behalf by the Lamb of God. That's it.

Everything else is extra-Biblical and must be rejected!

13. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

And yet you have NEVER been able to come up with a Scripture that says a person MUST or is REQUIRED to believe forever. Scripture please?

14. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Says who SFIC? Scripture certainly doesn't say that. So when "you" get to determine what means what you can make up all kinds of stuff. And one just need to look at all the denominations to see that in full practice these days.

15. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

You are absolutely right. It has been exposed. Everytime we or anyone else brings up a passage of Scripture we see more exposure to the Light of the Truth of the gospel of the Kingdom.

Thanks for the exposure!!!

16. standingfirminChrist

Not all Jews are saved, JJump. And yet the LORD calls them His servants.

17. standingfirminChrist

JJump,

You need to practice what you preach.

You said:

And yet you preach just the opposite when you add to God's Word putting the saved in hell or outer darkness. Even when the Scripture shows you are preaching contrary to what is written, you deny it.

You are blinded by your own heresy.

18. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Again says who? I have asked several folks to show that there were unsaved Jews during the time just prior to Jesus' birth and during His earthly ministry, but it has yet to be done.

How were the "Jews" saved? It wasn't by faith in the substitute of Jesus Christ, because that hadn't been done yet. And we see "saved" disciples that didn't even believe His death was going to happen and one that was trying to stop it from happening.

So how were they saved during that period SFIC? And how do you know there were unsaved Jews?

19. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Did JJ really say that? This from the people who claim "eternity" must be "1,000 years" through an (incomplete) etymology of a Greek word? This from people who claim goats must be Christians because the OT says they're clean animals? This from the people who are graduates of the Origen school of "make the Bible say anything you want via parables and allegory"? This from people who say Romans 8 identifies Christ as the one who condemns? This from people whose doctrine doesn't even resemble scripture?

20. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

SFIC this is more of your biased opinion. And that's all that it is. Your whole theory is based on speculation that the "servants" werent' saved. You have no evidence of that as Scripture doesn't say that.

Your whole theory is based on speculation and the Lord, Lord criers were liars, but you have no evidence of that as Scripture does not say that.

I could go on and on. So for you to say that you do not add to Scripture or at least speculate is nonsense.

Let's not talk about blindness shall we . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.