1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ME (Millennial Exclusion) Posts

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by DeafPosttrib, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture doesn't contradict itself. This is a misconception. It contradicts what men want to believe it says. I'm speaking of preconceived ideas. You're not the only one to make such a claim that the Word contradicts itself. Good study is slow and wisdom to understand is a gift from God. If you feel that it contradicts itself please pray and ask for wisdom from God before you proceed. He will give you understanding if you ask humbly.
    MB

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OT Jews weren't saved as we are today but were kept aside in the bosom of Abraham for the preaching of Christ because, they believed in God. When Christ was crucified He descended to them and preached the gospel to them, those who believed were saved, those who didn't were lost. No one enters heaven with out Christ.
    MB

3. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 2co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

4. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

He is in no way claiming that the scripture contradicts itself. Quite the contrary. he is saying that if one verse says salvation is a one-instant-forever event (Like the natural birth), and another verse speaks of a salvation that is a process that is worked out over time, then there must be two different uses of the word "salvation".

It cannot be both "in an instant" and "not in an instant".

Lacy

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And why can't it be. The same is true of words like sanctification and redemption. We have been sanctified. Paul writes to the sanctified in Christ, the saints in Corinth. They were once and for all sanctified, and yet at the same time he recognized that it was a day to day process of a cleansing of the soul or becoming more holy. It has both meanings.

There was one day when I was saved, redeemed by the blood of the lamb. It was an instantaneous act. It happened in a moment, at the time that I trusted Christ.
    And yet the Bible says that we look for our redemption, as if it has not yet come. It is used in more than one way. It also speaks of the redemption of our body. We look for that too.

As I have mentioned before it is a characteristic of a cult to use what is called a "key-hole" method of interpretation--a hermeneutic where a person clings to one meaning of one word and forces that meaning into each and every word no matter what the context might be. That is bad hermeneutics, but typical of the cults.
    Note, I did not say that you are a member of a cult. I am showing you that that is a method of their kind of hermeneutics. It is not rightly dividing the word of truth. Most words have more than one meaning, and can be used in more than one way.

6. standingfirminChrist

This passage here destroys the theory of the saved being cast into outer darkness or hell completely.

Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall also confirm you unto the end, [that ye may be] blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 1:6-8)

Christ shall confirm us to the end... blameless in the day of the Lord Jesus Christ.

If we are blameless as the Word clearly shows, Christ is not going to cast us out for we will be confirmed to the end.

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I came to Christ I was so greatful to be saved from my sin that I can't turn my back on Him. I trully don't deserve to be saved. God worked on me for a long time before I surrendered. Never the less I'm saved and it is a continuious process of confession and forgiveness. There is much more to Salvation than Act 16:31 Belief is only the beginning. It is not the whole of it. There is way more to Salvation than meets they eye.

We are all tested by God to see if our faith is genuine. We pray that we don't fail that test but, some do cause they are not fully committed. Some actually believe and know the truth but still aren't saved. It's there commitment, their surrender, that reveals true faith. Salvation is the product of our genuine faith. Genuine faith doesn't fail.
    MB

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Wow, I pray you don't fail the test too. What happened to 'believe' around here?

9. standingfirminChrist

Amen and amen!

10. BrianReimer

BrianReimer New Member

I am glad you came to Jesus.

It is no surprise to me that SFIC cannot see the incredible contradictions in your statements.

YOU know '...you're saved...',

Yet in order to stay saved or prove it YOU require,
    • '...a continual process of confession and forgiveness...'?
    • AND '...belief is only the beginning...'?
    • AND '...there is way more to Salvation than meets the eye...'?
    • AND '...tested by GOD to see if our faith is genuine...'?
    • AND '...we pray that we don't fail that test...'?
    What if your final test from God comes at your deathbed 30 years from now? How can you say you are saved now? Please reconsider this convoluted, laborious salvation you teach. Please.

11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did notice that you fail to show any proof of your criticism. Maybe that's because you don't have anything you can prove.
    MB

12. BrianReimer

BrianReimer New Member

MB, forgive me, I made the assumption you are not a new believer. Did you come to Jesus recently? You can have assurance of your spiritual salvation!

I have that assurance because Jesus accomplished the Father's requirement at Calvary and offered it to me as a GIFT. Praise God at nine years old, 34 years ago I accepted that GIFT. I became a child of God that instant, a babe actually. Try as I might have in my life there is nothing that can unborn me. If my spiritual salvation depending on what I might do in the future, as you believe, I would be plenty nervous though. Certainly, if I believed as you do I could not offer anyone else the assurance that scripture does.

Once again, if you are a new believer and would like scripture that would address your unassurance concerns let me know. Certainly there are conditions and warnings to believers in scripture which you are most likely confusing with spiritual salvation; I would be happy to address that with you as well.

13. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Charles Stanley a Protestant Purgatorian?

This may be old news to you guys since I've been off BB for a while, but I caught this on Kim Riddlbarger's blog and thought you might be interested.

Comments by Kim Riddlebarger on the book
    Eternal Security

by Charles F. Stanley

found here: http://kimriddlebarger.squarespace.com/just-plain-nutty/

14. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

When I said that, I was called a heretic.

Interesting.

15. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

May the Lord have mercy on His people, and magnify the revival in orthodox theology. Thank God for brothers like this. The churches are on the downgrade once again...

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

17. larryjf

larryjf New Member

That is a terrible doctrine, but certainly not purgatory.
    Purgatory is supposed to be a place Christians go to be purified of the defilements that they are still entangled with. It sounds like the doctrine above teaches that the Christian stays in the place of outer darkness, not to be purified and move into blessing as purgatory teaches.

18. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Huhhhhh??????????????

19. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

What does that have to do with the fact that I said exactly what you said and I was called a heretic for it?

20. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Let me be the first to congratulate you DHK, it's an interesting way to win a debate but effective nonetheless.

For the record Kingdom Accountability is true, unfaithful servants will be cast into outer darkness. You will find out that it is true in this life or at the judgment seat. If preaching the gospel of the Kingdom is cause for being banned, I can consider no better cause to be banned for.

It's been a fun albeit bumpy ride. May God bless you all and may His mercy shine upon you greatly.

"Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain." - 1 Corinthians 9:24

:wavey:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.