1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Me toooooooooo?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by exscentric, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I said "Perhaps," and then explained that there are many reasons not to vote for Kavanaugh.

You asked me to predict the future actions of a group of lawmakers who generally hold viewpoints different from mine. I cannot predict the future actions of individuals one way or another -- I am not God.

I can't even predict what Republicans will do and I was raised in a Republican home (in a heavily Democratic region) and have generally voted with the party until the rise of Trump. The old labels don't mean much anymore, especially on the Republican side.

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Have you been following this? The Dems want a FBI investigation before a vote, why? So they can change their "no" vote to "yes" if Kavanaugh is found clean?

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One thing should stand out as educational for all Christians. Flesh and blood is no match for satan. As you watch the determination of these ten democrats to fight this with all the passionate lies satan can feed their hearts with, you can see the power satan has over people. So we must fight this with prayer. This is a spiritual battle which only the Lord and His good angels can win. Pray one or two of these democrats get saved, pray the Holy Spirit moves them and takes soldiers away from satan on this issue. Wouldn't that be amazing to see someone like a Booker or a Feinstein stand up and praise the Lord how they just had the Holy Spirit come over them and they are ending their attacks on good people, and they apologize with great remorse!!!

Eph 6:12
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Dems don't want anything other than the ability to practice their eugenics through legal abortion and a total control of the government. They have many times engaged in the practice of personal destruction for their selfish political gains. They would destroy the country if they thought that they could establish a dictatorship of the Democrat Party. They don't care how many people Bill Clinton actually raped. They know Kavanaugh is innocent, and that is why DiFi sat on the letter for two months and then released it against the wishes of Ford. They don't even care about Ford, whom they told what to say every step of the way. Ford doesn't even know how she got to this party, which changed her life. The Democrats have smeared Kavanaugh and it the Democrats who are having a big laugh today at the lies they are getting away with. Washington DC is not a swamp--it is a sewer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Be totally clear folks. At the end of this FBI investigation in a "week", it is not the end. All the FBI does is gather facts. Now the Dems will need more time for these facts to be brought before the committee through the people attached to the facts so they can be interrogated. Dems will get a few witnesses to resist coming in, another stall tactic, then they will have to be given a subpoena, more time, more stall. Flake is to flakey to understand how he is being played like a fiddle.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know about them, but as for me, I want the investigation to establish the facts so that suspicion of Kavanaugh can be cleared, or the testimony of the accusers can be clarified.

7. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You and the President have a weird cartoonish obsession with sinister people laughing behind closed doors.

This is a great opportunity to Kavanaugh's name to be cleared. There is a personal reason for me to want this. I am friends with, and fellow church family with, members of Kavanaugh's extended family. I don't like to have to take a position against him because that may harm my relationship with a few people I care very much about. Kavanaugh, Ford, and the rest are all real people who are having their lives publicly put through the wringer. I haven't "laughed" about any of this once, and anyone who does is out of touch or evil.

Please let me know if you see someone laughing about it.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the line about laughter behind closed doors was a Democrat talking point.

9. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't heard any Democrats saying anything like that. Do you have a video?

I did hear Trump say what you claim in his recent press conference, where he called Democratic concerns about Kavanaugh to be a "big fat con job" and that they go off behind closed doors and "laugh like hell."

That's the Trump obsession that he tries to push onto his supporters.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you truly believe this, then you are far more naive than I ever imagined. This is a belief that I would LOVE to be proven wrong about, but judging from past dim tactics, I don't hold any hope for this to be true.:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I don't think Kavanaugh's name will be cleared because I simply don't believe him when he recounts his high school and college lifestyle. He barely admits to occasionally having too many beers when his calendar and his yearbook contradict his claims. His explanations for the crude slang of the day (he is my age) were clearly false. For instance, he claims UNDER OATH that "boofing" was flatulence. The yearbook asks, 'Have you boofed yet?," which makes little sense if it was flatulence. Moreover, there have been a number of people who have come forward to say that Kavanaugh is not being honest about his excesses during those days. If Kavanaugh had said that he did a lot of stupid things and was a sloppy, blackout drunk, he would be much more believable to me. Instead, he appears to have lied under oath about these matters and in previous testimony from years ago.

At the same time, on a couple of occasions, I have been falsely accused of various things and have demanded an investigation. One of them was when I was working retail in the early 1990s while going to seminary. Our commissions had been cut and I was struggling to pay my bills - everyone knew that. One day around Christmas, more than $14,000 in cash disappeared from a cashier's bag that I turned into the cashier's office quite late after the store closed. I had a late customer and couldn't close my register until I had finished taking care of him.

The store questioned me and threatened me with arrest, since they claimed I was the only one who had possession of the bag. They offered me a deal where I could quit and pay them back over time, or I would be arrested and the police would be involved. Since I was innocent, I demanded an investigation, even if that meant getting arrested (and tossed out of seminary with no way to support myself and no place to live). They backed off and conducted a three month investigation and finally caught a woman in the cashier's office who apparently decided that she had gotten away with the theft of the cash from several months before, and tried again with a smaller amount.

So yes, I believe in investigations.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With liberals and leftist, it is always just one more thing. None of the charges against Kavanaugh had any basis. The FBI is so crooked that why would anyone believe anything that they say?

13. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why should you believe anything that anyone says?

What is the basis of knowledge for you? How do you know anything?

14. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ford is being represented for free by her lawyers. One of them had to resign from his firm due to others in the firm opposing his taking her case and Ford's go fund me page was over 700,000 last I read. She has two homes in two of the highest priced areas of CA.

• Like Like x 2
  15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    To prove your innocence? If I was Kavanaugh, I would have answered the committee, if Ford believes I committed a crime against her let her take it to the authorities and let them investigate and charge me with a crime, otherwise, no I will not call for an investigation for the purpose of proving myself innocent of accusations.

Quite frankly, the only thing I have against Kavanaugh is that I was disappointed that he did not have thoughtfully prepared intellectual answers for the insults and accusations he should have anticipated was coming his way. I was expecting him to destroy them with intelligent, common sense answers such as the one I presented above, but he did seem to let them raddle him and frustrate him instead.

16. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, absolutely. They would have to prove the crime or consider other suspects.

It's not a criminal investigation (you know that) and the statute of limitations has long past (you know that too). This is a matter of character. If he had confessed to a lot of bad behavior and admitted that he may have done things that were horribly wrong when he was black-out drunk, that would go a lot way toward demonstrating his character.

I agree. He handled himself very poorly. I suspect he could not "destroy them" because he had no excuse and was under oath.

That's not a man who should be on the Supreme Court

17. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Dems want power at any cost to the common man and I hope the Dems never get power.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Go Fund Me is one of the favorite money laundering frauds out there. It’s now coming out that her records have been recently doctored.
    HOLY CRAP! Christine Ford's Stanford Bio Page WAS ALTERED -- Updated 10 Days Before Hearing

• Like Like x 1
  19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She is a liar like the rest of them. I only wonder how much Soros is paying her. She cannot remember when or where it happened but she can remember who. Sorry don't buy it. Further, there is not enough evidence to support issuing a warrant of any kind much less and indictment. The Dems say he has not right to be assumed innocent until proven guilty. With the lack of any evidence at all anyone who believes her is a political hack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.