1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MEALTIME!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by UnchartedSpirit, Dec 18, 2005.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

If only there was e-potlucks.....
    oh well now here's a topic we all can appreciate...A joint Church's {we share the same building} Pastor Yancy gave us this speech a little before Thanksgiving. Sorry it took so long to post-blame school and everything....I only have the main points, so he's allowed me to share this all to you to use for your own messages and whatnot and here it is;
    Its about what we should recoginize when us brethren come to big or small meals together:

It should be meal of forgiveness (Gen 43, peferably at 31-34 but you also need the pretext starting at the chapter)
    It should be a meal of Acceptance (Luke 15: 11-29)
    It should be meal of Fellowship (Mark 14: 22-26, I think)
    There I hope this helps for the Holidays, feel free to add on to these as well if need be.

There, use how God sees fit for you, and Happy Holidays-engage in Holy Meals!

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Holy eating.....

Now thats something you can really sink your teeth into!