1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MeanBaptistBoard.com

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Michael Wrenn, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Brother Glen (Tyndale),

There are things about the Primitive Baptists that attract me: pastors who aren't "hired"; not using clerical titles such as "Reverend"; belief that someone who hasn't heard the gospel may still be saved; no missionary ("monied") societies; real belief and practice of the absolute autonomy of the local church.

However, here are some things which *might* keep me from being a member of Primitive Baptists: closed communion, rebaptism, no women ministers, no musical instruments in church, five-point Calvinism.

What do you think?

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Seems like my last post to Glen shouldn't really be on this thread, but, Glen, I hope you read it and respond.

3. Joey M

Joey M New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> no women ministers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Are you kidding me, since when can a woman be the husband of one wife? Except in Josh's church... :D

4. MOTHY34

MOTHY34 New Member

Well we just a Big happy Family!!!
    hey Mike if you are not happy with this
    Boared.do not Come to it . But that is just my opinion.But you are always welcome here!!
    !!!!!!!!

Me

5. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Joey M,

LOLROF! You just made Kathy's "funny farm" list! Kathy, the honor is all yours! Savor that moment! :D :D :D Still LOLROF!

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, this discussion is going nowhere and only leading to bitterness and hurt. I am jumping down with both feet.

Hope it will allow "cooling off" as well as moving on to more fruitful discussion.

Dr. Bob, with almost-godlike power as the Forum Administrator, locks the thread.