1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

meaning of Lord?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by nodak, Dec 4, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Tell me about the Greek.

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Apostle Johnn in Chapter 3 assures us that the one born again, as the new nature that remains abiding in Jesus, walking in the HS indeed cannot commit sin against God,as the Lord will grant us the enabling power IF we meet those qualifications in order to live victorious in him...

IF we fail to keep abiding, fail to allow the HS to empower us, drop back to living in our own flesh fro God, that results in deeds ofthe flesh, and as such...
    The Lord will rebuke us/chaistise us until we go back to abiding in Christ...

Confession is given to us in order to be back into fellowship with the father, than can grow forward in abiding in Christ!

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

None of that is in 1 John, but again tell me about the Greek.

4. JesusFan

Just did, that was what the Apostle was trying to describe to us in 1 John!

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Psalm 66:18 "If I regard iniquity in my heart the Lord will not hear me."
    That is broken fellowship. There are many others just like it, 1John 2:2, notwithstanding. 1John 1:9, he didn't write for the good of his health, it had purpose to it. Fellowship was broken. The only way fellowship could be restored was if the believer confessed his sin, and then Jesus Christ would be faithful and just to forgive us our sin. It is obvious that fellowship had been broken.

If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: (1 John 1:6)
    --Hank already demonstrated to you that there are some dark times in a believer's life. If we deny that, we deny Christ. I believe the Bible was teaching some equivalent truth here.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:8)
    --You cannot deny that you have not sinned. Sin is darkness, not light.
    Fellowship is broken the minute is broken, and it is not restored until the sin is confessed. How long can a believer walk with unconfessed sin? A long time for many. How long can you watch a TV program that is not particularly edifying before you find the moral fortitude to go and turn it off; to tell yourself that you are not going to watch that garbage any more.

I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. (Psalms 101:3)

Continue with 1John 1
    But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. (1 John 1:7)
    --This is what we strive to do--walk in the light. If we do we have fellowship with each other, and we have fellowship with God, though it doesn't say that in this verse. Sin separates us from God. The blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin. It is the basis for our fellowship.

Therefore, on the basis of the blood of Christ, I am able to approach our Great High Priest, go right before His Throne, and confess my sin that my fellowship might be restored.

7. JesusFan

Perhaps BEST example of a person in the Bible experiencing loss of his fellowship with God was King David, just read his Psalms made suring his year long rebellion from God!

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No Christian ever loses fellowship. It may not be pleasant at times but it is there.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

No the fellowship was not lost. It simply changed.

10. JesusFan

From what to what?
    And what did David due to get it fully back again?

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Let me direct you to post #25

12. JesusFan

Problem is that John was adressing CHRISTIANS as being the ones needing to coness their sins in order to be cleansed and restored, NOT Gnostics!

he started out Chapter one stating that he wrote this so that his "little children" could keep and enjoy fellowship with the father thru jesus Christ...

Where in EITHER Greek/hebrew texts did Apostle John changed from adressing the saved to the lost?

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The letter of 1 John never says what you just said. If you have forgot I suggest you use the search feature and read what I explained in the past on the same issue.

14. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Before the discussion goes further, I suppose that the OP should figure out what John means when he uses the word "sin" in his first epistle. In this particular case, John has a particular concept in mind for his use of the word, and every other thing he says in that epistle wraps around that same concept.

15. JesusFan

Please answer what was posted...

John started addressing the Christians in church, when did he switch in the passage to addressing the Gnostics in their midst?

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I have already answered that many times for you. I suggest that you use the search feature and find those posts.

17. JesusFan

Simple answer is that he didn't switch, was still addressing the Christians there at that local church!

18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I did not say he switched or did not switch. I will say you have no clue about what the book is about or its meaning. I would suggest you try and believe what it says instead of putting your own private interpretation on it and explaining it away.That means you will have to dump some of that false teaching you have been indoctrinated with which is not even in the bible to believe what is.

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

#58 freeatlast, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Nice answer Fal. But you never refuted my post. Is this really the best you can do after all that I posted for you?

20. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Many of the passages you used were taken out of context and were about the lost not the saved. No Christian can ever lose fellowship. If a Christian has something in their life they are not gaining victory over and they are not feeling the sweet joy (fellowship) of the Lord the fellowship is not broken it has simply turned to an unpleasant fellowship. The proof is just try and sin another sin and see what happens as the conviction increases. Fellowship is never broken for a believer.

The problem you are having is that you believe a Christian can backslide into sinning which the bible denies can happen. That person never had fellowship to start with, but because of a false profession, cleaning up their own life on the outside to some degree, and being surrounded by real Christians, they thought they had fellowship although all they had was a shadow of the reality. When this person who is really lost departs back into their sinning (2 Peter 2:22) they are left with the reality of what they are, lost with no fellowship, but because they have been programed into thinking they are saved because of false teachings of backsliding they think they just lost fellowship which they never had.
    NO true believer can lose fellowship.