1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Media Concern: All Those Black Men Who Voted GOP!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jerome, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Washington Post • What's up with all those black men who voted Republican in the Georgia governor's race?

"electing Stacey Abrams as governor...would have made her the first African American woman to head a state in the nation’s history"

Stacey Abrams (Dem) lost to Brian Kemp (GOP)
    [​IMG]

"Abrams fell about 17,000 votes short of forcing a runoff with Kemp. Black men voted for Kemp at a higher rate than black women, according to exit polling, a data point that drew gasps and rebuke on social media and news commentary."

"Among black women, 97 percent supported Abrams" but "According to network exit polling provided by CNN, 11 percent of black men voted for Kemp"

"'How can so many black men still align with a party that, now more than ever, is unified by white identity politics?' Renée Graham asked in a Boston Globe column after the election. 'This Republican Party is not the party of Lincoln. This is unabashedly the party of white supremacy, migrant family separations, racist fearmongering, and Brett Kavanaugh.'"

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Classic case of pot calling the Kettle black!

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Something I don't understand is if 97% of black women and 89% voted of black men voted for Abrams, who is black, isn't it rather obvious that their votes are based on race? Thus, if it is true that these votes are based on race, which it seems so, then HOW is that not a direct form of "racism"???

...You know that if those kind of % turnouts from whites happened when Obama ran we would never hear the end of racist accusations, am I wrong?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually its a classic social/marxist case of transferring the blame to the victim.

Tired and warn out strategy that no longer works because of social media communications, a bit ironic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me, the worst aprt of the relections under president Obama terms was when conservative Black Christians decided to cast their lot and vote with someone who mocked their own moral sand values, just due to his skin color!
    Image of 95% of white Christians voted for a David Duke,. just because he claimed to be a Christian!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In any election, when 89% of a group vote for one candidate that is considered an overwhelming, tsunami-like win. I don't see any point here. I suppose you think black men and women should have voted for Abrams 100%? That will never happen even if the election is rigged. This one had voter suppression problems which should have lead to another election. That's the main point. Kemp had control of the election process as Sec. of State and could have easily pulled a trick like the one in the 6th District Special Election. The vote totals were mysteriously erased from a GOP server 3 days after being subpoenaed by a Federal Court.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Instead of making a race based vote, could be they decided to put race aside and voted for who they thought was the most qualified.

I know that's a novel idea for democrats to accept, but there it is.

• Winner Winner x 1