1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Media Ignore Saddam's WMD Intent

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by leesw, Feb 13, 2008.

1. leesw

leesw Member

When FBI agent George Piro recently described debriefing Saddam Hussein for seven months after his capture, he disclosed that the Iraqi dictator admitted his intention to re-start his weapons of mass destruction program within a year.

That plan included developing nuclear weapons capability, according to Saddam.

The revelation should have hit Page One of every newspaper.

It would have further justified President Bush’s decision to invade Iraq, a key issue in the coming presidential election. But many in the mainstream media could not bear to hear that Bush may have done something right.

When Piro’s interview came out in my book, "The Terrorist Watch: Inside the Desperate Race to Stop the Next Attack," NBC Nightly News, Fox News, and Newsmax ran the news of Saddam’s admission, but few newspapers published a story.

Story

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Where in the Bible does it say that the USofA should invade every nation we don't like?

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Even if true, do you hand someone over for a brutal, inhumane execution by a mob for intent? This is not the behavior of a superpower.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the justification for invading Iraq has gone from the we don't want the evidence to be a mushroom cloud over a major American city to, well, Hussein dreamed about doing it.

The Republican Party deserves the whipping it received at the polls in 2006 and the one coming up in November.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So it is your position that only the Republican party decided to do this?

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    More Republicans voted for it than Democrats.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Correction...globalists and globalist minions voted for it. Americans be they R's or D's never would have voted to authorize aggresion without a formal declaration. Sad though isn't it that we've now gone from USA world police to USA world thought police. Thought crimes. Can it get any more Orwellian and unamerican than that?

The media ignores Bush and Blair's intent to start the neocon's experiment in building a "new middle east" by hook and by crook but I don't hear to many folks here complaining about that. Just the opposite. They try to shout down those who do...despite the mountain of documented evidence. Up is down, black is white, hot is cold, freedom is slavery, war is peace...

I never thought I'd live to see it all come to pass. But here I sit witnessing it all.

Amazing.

#7 poncho, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008