1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Media silent on Obama's controversial interpretation of scripture

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    .....There are several reasons, Knight believes, that the press chose to gloss over the senator's revisionist interpretation of scripture.

"Number one, they may be biblically illiterate themselves -- so they really don't know how much he's stretching scripture or distorting it," he argues. "Number two, they probably agree with his point of view since most of them are pro-gay activist. Or number three, they feel that he's the candidate they like and they know that this could be quite controversial if people found out about it -- so they're not talking about it."

In general, adds Knight, the media have been "remarkably uncurious" about Obama's view of moral issues. "He's said a number of shocking things," says the pro-family spokesman. "He's defended his stance on abortion. He's now promoting homosexuality by citing the Sermon on the Mount."....

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=69035

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't understand the point. Are you surprised that lost people are not offended by sin or the twisting of Scripture? If so, why are you surprised at that? I never expected the media to focus on the heresy of Barak Obama.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Senator Obama's views may be irrelevant. I am starting to sense that Senator Clinton will be the eventual Democratic Party nominee and that this may come about before the Pennsylvania primary next month. So you conservatives/Republicans may want to start refocusing your attacks.