1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

It's called Marinol. I'm not sure it's supposed to be for pain, but more for nausea.

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What shows were these? Did they have any reason to try to portray the use in one light as opposed to the other?

Most of the people I knew who used it were Christians. Some of them did smoke it, but the majority did not.

Now before I was saved, nobody I knew used it for medical reasons, and they all smoked it. And did other stuff. Ew

I think it would be nice to get a survey going, but most people who use it that are Christians are unwilling to admit it because of how most react to it. Too bad we didn't have an anonymous way to post on this board, because I know there's a few here that might provide some decent insight on how they use it and why.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The TV shows were shows like 20/20.

Do you mean how they use it medically?

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have. It does. I found it to be a little more potent when ingested.

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Having witnessed a number of youngsters who graduated from social use to heavy use and then developed schizophrenia as a permanent legacy....I think the Government should be extremely cautious.

Heroin was (still?) in use in Great Britain for certain cancers due to its profound analgesic qualities. However, the administration of the drug would be fraught as the nurses and doctors are human and some succumb to the temptation to steal this sort of thing.

I recall years ago that Pethidine seemed tobe ineffective to a lot of our orthopaedic patients, sadly a staff member was substituting water and injecting the narcotic to herself. Sickening but true. Whilst there are many many safeguards in place, it tends to lag behind human ingenuity.

6. THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN New Member

I Call BS !!! Name these schitzos that developed their disease from smoking flowers !

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

if obtaining the effects of marijuana is ok, then I supose obtaining the effects of alcohol are also ok.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Yes, I agree. They should all be legal. Controlled, but legal. People should need a prescription for marijuana, alcohol, narcotics, etc., since they can and will be abused without regulation.

9. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

The only way I would consider using it would be in pill form. Like I told a young man who offered me a drag off his "cigarette", "I don't even smoke regular cigarettes." I could tell by the smell that it wasn't a "regular cigarette"; it smelled like a burning evergreen tree. However, that's better than the putrid, foul smell of regular cigarettes.

I told a smoker once that I would rather stick my nose up a skunk's butt. Well, I was being my usual facetious self since no one in his right mind would do that. :laugh: