1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mega Pain

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Gina B, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I made the mistake of taking myself off a pain medication I didn't think was doing much good and made the further mistake of canceling the prescription a few months ago.

It was replaced with two anti-inflammatories that we discussed and figured would be more helpful, but my body is rejected them, worse each time I take it and so bad today that an hour after taking it, I could barely stand because of kidney pain. I got a bad feeling hubby is about to insist on the ER so I'm up and typing cuz anyone looks better sitting up. Now to distract him so he doesn't read this before you all pray and make me better. LOL

PRAY PLEASE!

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have back pain, and it gets worse when I drive some of the taxis, since some of the drivers put the seat all the way back and end up breaking them, Then I sit in the seat, and w/i an hour my back is acking.
    I also have a kindey situation
    and, Mrs Salty at times insists I go to the ER

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for you today, Gina. :love2: :praying:

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks. My daughter has an achievement award ceremony tonight and I WILL be going.
    Feeling a tad bit better on the one kidney that was hurting most...I can now tolerate it without looking like I'm constipated as long as I don't bend, twist, sit, stand, lay down, or blink.

5. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Praying, Gina, and hoping to hear that you're feeling better!

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So sorry you're in pain, Gina. Praying for you to feel better quick!

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks. Turns out it's a kidney stone. Not the first so no surprise except I really thought it was the one med! Gave me two pain meds that did nada, then he tried a shot of toradol and it helped it a lot. About fifty percent or more. He said he'd keep it coming and said never take that one med again as it may have been part of it.

8. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So glad they found the problem and are giving you some relief! Take care.

9. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I'm glad there's an answer as to the cause, and praying that you are feeling better. I've heard pain from kidney stones is horrible. :(

10. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Just got here to see how marvelous the Lord has answered your pain prayer!
    Praise the Lord! We can have hope in our prayers because of Easter we pray to a risen Savior!
    Thank You, Lord for answered prayer!

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It just hasn't been the best of times. Ended up back this morning, three blown veins and finally got an iv in for morphine which was so ineffective that I had to ask if they'd given it yet...then fentanyl helped. Didn't take it away but made me functional and they had me take flexeril and percocet over that and it was soooo nice to be able to walk again without feeling like...whatever something really nasty feels like!

So heavily drugged but managing and have a referral to a doctor who deals with this stuff so will call Monday.

Appreciate the prayers.

12. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

You remain in my prayers.

13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks. The doctor put me on a new combo of meds and it's working pretty good. He wanted to do some retesting with my blood but all my veins were shot from the hospital so gotta wait until I heal to have more drawn.

In the meantime, the new meds have me functional to a higher degree than I've been for a while so that is pretty awesome.

14. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Good news to read that you have new meds that are helping you!
    Sorry to hear that your veins have been overworked.
    We are praying with others that your veins will recover from all of these testings!
    May the doctor be able to find the cause and remedy for you!
    In the meantime, rejoicing that you are feeling much better!! PTL!!!:praying::1_grouphug: