1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Men Love and give yourself to the wife.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Timtoolman, May 10, 2005.

1. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Men if your wife is not submitting to your leadership at home does this give you the right to stop loving and giving of yourself to her. I would like the answer to the question. I don't want all kinds of scenios I want ...

Yes I believe I should still fulfill MY role as the loving protective husband......Or

No I do not have too continue in that way because my wife is not submitting which God tells her too.

2. whatever

whatever New Member

We should follow Christ's example and always love her and give ourselves for her.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Always love, always give

4. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

I've never looked for one but I am pretty sure there is no off switch. [​IMG]

5. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

I agree that a husband should always love his wife regardles of her negative reactions. This may be very hard for a husband to do. Am I missing the point of this posting or thread?

thanks. mr. messy

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, of course you do.

1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

The word "likewise" connects this verse to verse one "Likewise ye wives," putting them in the same relative context. Verses one to six was in the context of a wife having an unbelieving husband, likewise verse 7 speaks of a husband married to an unbelieving wife. The command to dwell according to knowledge is a command to dwell with intimacy and love. To give honour is not simply to respect, but also to provide for and to protect. Give honour "as unto the weaker vessel." Interseting to note that the word "weaker" is a comparative. She is weaker men, that makes you weak! What gives man his strength is his dependency upon God. Paul said for "when I am weak then I am strong." When I am physically weak, that is when I am in the situation that I put my faith in God the most. That is when I am strong. "My grace is sufficient for you."

If your wife is not saved, backslidden, or not living for the Lord, then that still obligates you to live for God, and love your wife, and fulfill your obligations to her. For if you do not do so "your prayers will be hindered."
    DHK

7. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I don't think anyone has missed the pt yet. I agree that we should fulfill our roles as taught in scripture whether the othe does or not. It seems though that alot of women think that they do not have to submit to their husbands for various reasons, other then direct conflict with the scripture. I wanted to see if men feel the same way. If women do not do their biblical part does that excuse the men from doing theirs. So far I have not found any men who think so.