1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Men washing women's feet during foot washing and vice versa?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by convicted1, Jan 2, 2008.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I am not sure if I should have put this new topic here or not, but I was wondering if it would be wrong for a man to wash a woman's feet during feet washing and vice versa? I know that Jesus washed the apostls' feet, but I am quite sure they were the only ones in the upper room. I don't know if this would be wrong or not, so what saidest y'all?? If the moderators need to move thi, that is OKAY!!

Willis

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We don't practice foot washing and I've never experienced it but I would think it would not be a good idea for mixed sex foot washing. LOL!! I think it CAN be a sexual thing for some and it's enough of a temptation that it's just not a good idea. That's just my opinion.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Re: Men washing women's feet and vice versa

I totally agree with you, sister Ann. I was just was wanting to see other's opinions on this matter. I would not want to see this happening during the feet washing portion of the service, believe me!

Willis

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Are you talking about in public worship?
    I would be opposed to that.
    Not in the privacy of my own home, I think my wife might like that if I did that to her...I should ask her :)

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

a man not my husband touching my feet for any reason other then medical would feel too intimate to me, so no I don't think it's a good idea.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Re: Men washing women's feet and vice versa

SCB,

I don't think these four verses go along with the OP. I understand what you are trying to say, but she was doing this to Jesus in His preparation for going to the cross and His burial. In the large upper room, there was Jesus and the 12 apostles, and no one else is mentioned....not even a woman was there, IMO.

Willis

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm with DonnA on this one

I do NOT want any other man touching my wife's feet except myself---with the exception of course of a doctor---and even then 99.99999999% of doctors won't examine a woman without the presence of a nurse or two