1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Mental illness and the Baptist Chuch

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by seekingthetruth, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

If you think God gave us ability to cast out demons, why aren't you casting them out?

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

All I can say is "Wow".

#102 Arbo, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  3. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Sadly, the prejudices that I spoke of in the OP haved reared their ugly head in this thread.

Most of you would be suprised how common this is, even inside the church family.

Fred, I can assure you that demons are not haunting me and causing me to be sick. My mental illness has a physical reason behind it. If your body doesnt produce enough insulin, you have diabetes. My brain doesnt retain enough of the minerals it needs to function properly, so i take a mineral supplement (lithium) and it makes all the difference in the world.

Do you really think that babies are born everyday with bad kidneys, bad lungs, bad liver, ect.....but everybodies brain is perfect?

And FAL, I hope you read the whole thread. You accused me of seeking "special treatment" in the OP. You are completely wrong. What I am seeking in this thread is to be treated just like everybody else, and not like i have leprosy.

Sadly, Fred and FAL proved the point I made in the OP, being that many Christians are uneducated and insensitive to people with mental illnesses. All i can do is pray that they never fall ill mentally.

John

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Fred I have argued this for years but usually get the same results you are getting. I think you are wasting your time as this takes those who have ears to hear. No amount of evidence can convince those who have made up their minds to the contrary.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Ann you are correct that drugs do not effect demons directly however they, demons, cannot use a person who is being controled by drugs thta limit their motor and brain functions. The drugs limit what the body and mind of the person can do so the end result is same. We are drugging ourselves to keep from dealing with our sin as well as in some cases to keep from dealing with demonic influence and even possession.
    I really hope you all will watch the video that Fred mentioned with an open mind.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1nbZCNDgbY

I do agree that not everyone who has what is being deemed as mental illness is becauase of a demon. Some just refuse to deal with their sin and use the drug to supress themselves and their actions, but thye never find real peace from their problem because to problem is only covered up, not corrected.

#105 freeatlast, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly :thumbs:

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Also :thumbs:.

This has been my observation as well.

It's been said that the brain is man's most complicated and non-understood organ. If the heart, kidneys, liver, or any other organ can malfunction; it seems unreasonable to expect the brain not to be susceptible to the same.

8. seekingthetruth

Excuse me FAL? I don't take any drug that limits my mind or motor skills. My medication does not "drug" me at all. It is simply a mineral that replaces the missing minerals in my brain.

I DON"T get high or sedated.

John

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can you give me evidence of this? Because I have seen people who have been possessed who were on drugs and the demons still had their way. It wasn't until the demons were cast out that the drugs actually worked.

10. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Those children were born out of sin. You shouldn't screw around with God's punishment.

What a crock.

11. seekingthetruth

Are you being serious?

John

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Then I assume you do not need a prescription as it must be a health care thing, correct? If not it is a drug and just because you do not get high does not mean it is not a drug. A drug is anything taken into the body to alter how it is working.

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Ann prove that you have seen a demon cast out.

14. seekingthetruth

Yes, it is a drug, and it needs a prescription because if a person takes it that doesnt need it, it will reak havoc on your nervous system. If I didnt need it, it would make me sick.

i didnt say it wasnt a drug, i said it didnt 'drug" me as in get me high or sedate me.

But it wouldnt stop a demon.

John

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I did not say you had a demon. Some people use drugs to keep from dealing with reality and their personal sins. I don’t believe it is impossible for people taking these things to deal with the problems they are claiming. I think they just take the easy way out and cover the problem.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming he was being facetious. It helps if smilies are there but I'll still go with my assumption unless he says I'm wrong.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And how would I do that?

18. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Don't rise to the bait Ann. FAL is essentially calling you a liar: either prove your words or they must be false.

I may just have to use the ignore feature here for the first time in all my years on the BB.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOL - Even if I had a video of it happening, he'd still have some reason to say that I was lying. No worries. I laugh at people like that. LOL

20. seekingthetruth

Have you ever been sick?

What personal sin of yours caused that sickness?

Ever had a loved die from cancer?

My Mom and Dad both died of cancer, and by your logic, they must have both been just terrible sinners.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.