1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Meta tags for .rm-files?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Ingo Breuer, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Ingo Breuer

Ingo Breuer Member

I have a Christian website with several sermons in RealAudio. They can be listened to with a simple RealOne Player. But I notice that they do not get many visitors in comparison to other pages of my site. Some search engines such as altavista give you the opportunity to search for audio files, so I would like to know if it is possible to put meta tags to the audio files (.rm)? I know in RealProducer there is a way to add a short description and keyword, but does that already produce the meta tags? Please let me know more, if you are knowledgeable about this. Thank you very much.

The sermons are on this site:
    http://www.solidrockfaith.com/RealAudioSermons.html

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you have to produce the meta tag keywords yourself.

I viewed your html code; you might consider modifying your current meta tag keywords by adding the words "audio," "realplayer," "sound," "sound files," "audio files," "realplayer files," and anything else that would describe sound files.

If necessary, do a search for meta tag generators, and use a program to help you generate the tag.

And of course, you'll have to be patient; the search engines that base their results off of keywords do their "spidering" once every couple of weeks or even months.