1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mexico lucha libre wrestlers struggle to survive amid virus

Discussion in 'TV Shows and Movies' started by KenH, Sep 21, 2020.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have been watching the daily reruns of “Lucha Underground” show from Los Angeles the past week on the El Rey channel and enjoying them. Since I didn’t watch them before they are all new to me. Saw this article this morning about what has been happening to lucha libre in Mexico.

“The sport, with its theatrical stunts and tradition of “rudos” — villainous, rule-breaking bad guys — and “tecnicos” — the handsome good guys, is clearly struggling to survive.

But few of the schemes contain as much cultural preservation as that of the Olivares brothers in Xochimilco. They are simultaneously defending lucha libre and the vastly older agricultural tradition of the floating gardens, which date back to Aztec times and which are constantly threatened by pollution and encroaching development.”

Mexico lucha libre wrestlers struggle to survive amid virus