1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miami Heats: Playoffs?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TCGreek, Dec 27, 2007.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Sporting guys,

What do you think? Are the Heats going to make the playoffs? I know the East is usually stink, but it seems like only above 500 teams are playoffs bound this season. Are the Heats going to be able to recover in time?

From winning the Championship to getting slept in the first-round by Chicago to having the worst record in the East (8-21). What's happening?

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I don´t know about the heat. Other than Wade and an ever aging Shaq, I really don´t see a deep team. But the east is pretty tough this season. For one, as a Pistons fan I am glad that Boston is good again. It brings back a lot of memories plus when Detroit has to work to win games they get better. Last weeks win over the Celtics reminded me of the classic battles of the Bad Boys vs. Bird and company.

Happy new year.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    With Shaq looking more and more like he's saying "who cares?" and without Mourning, it looks like a stretch.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If the Cavs keep playing like they are (lousy) the Heat will probably take the 8th spot from them.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I don't see the Heat making it this year.

I hope the Bulls are able to rebound and make the playoffs again this year, but it is not looking too good for them either.

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Still a lot of season left...but with the way the heat are playing and after losing Mourning (who did give them a little bit of depth on the bench); it'll be tough for them.
    As a die hard Laker's fan and an avid hater of the Celtics from back in the day, i'm actually excited about seeing a resurgence of Boston this season. I almost hate to say it, but i think i would like to see them make a run for it. :thumbs:

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Well, the C's looking really good. They are the best defensive team and they can score as well.

From what happened to the Pistons and the Mavericks, with good regular season records, the C's will have to take this all the way to the NBA finals. We'll see.

BTW, all Eastern teams must go through the Pistons. :thumbs:

8. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

It truly is sad to see the diesel struggling to get 10-15 points per game.

9. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

It's really sad, but he says that he is the baddest 35. Typical Shaq.

10. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The Heat look awful -- somehow they can't pull everything together. The interesting thing is that they have most of their players from the 2005-2006 championship team (except for the recent injury to Mourning).

I'm afraid that it will be a bad rest of the year. However, I'm hopeful that Riley will put together a trade to get a spark out there.

The bad news is that I have season tickets for the rest of this year and the next two (thankfully shared with others so I don't incur the whole cost). Anyone want to buy some tickets???

11. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Miami lost again despite Wades' 48pts. :BangHead:

#11 TCGreek, Dec 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007
  12. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Miami is now 8-23 record. Oh boy, they are long way to catch up, lot of works. They have injurie players - Shaq(day to day), Mourning out for long time. I know how Wade fraustrates with his team right now. Two years ago, Heats were so lucky to won NBA Finals. Then, they collapsed so quickly. I have no idea what will happen to them. I hope that Heats will not break their record for the worst record season. We know that Shaq is getting older, that why he seems getting slowing down little bit. Cannot blame him for being fault tcaused team losing. Heats have problems with injury players that why they have to find way to overcame problems.

By the way, Pistons are stay HOT! GO PISTONS!!!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!