1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Micah 5:2

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by ccrobinson, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

By these bases, the NASB, NIV, NKJV and others qualify as the Word of God as well. So why did you pick the KJV and deny the others to be the word of God when all of them meet the same criteria?

2. AVBunyan

AVBunyan New Member

Larry - we seem to have differences here in judging fruit and howoctrines are handled.

You do not see the changes, omissions, demotions of Christ's titles and names in the modern versions as being issues - I do.

I believe the King James is more precise in it's wordings and the portraying of the doctrines than the modern versions and you do not see this - herein lies the differences between us and it appears these differences will not change here.

I do not care for how the modern versions handle the major doctrines and my Saviour.

Are you saying verses like Mic 5:2 and the others listed in the works of writers and their websites are more precise and accurate in the modern verses. Do you like the omissons, changes, the emphasis on the term "One", etc. better than the KJB? If so then go for it. I cannot.

My standard is the King James in my hand - what is yours?

God bless :wavey:

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Yes indeed.

I see these issues as very important. But the facts show that they did not happen as you say. By looking at the manuscript evidence that God preserved, it is fairly easy to see that the "changes" were actually additions to the text, not omissions from it. The TR on which the KJV is based followed an expanded text in most cases, resulting in additions to the word of God.

There has yet to be seen one doctrinal change. There has yet to be proven any omissions. You just can't do it without assuming your conclusion.

But when you look at the evidence, you are incorrect. Besides, precision and portraying of the doctrines is not the goal. Accuracy of translation is.

But you have yet to show one compromise. You have simply showed that you don't understand the original languages and how translation works.

Micah 5:2 is, according to the exegesis. "The others listed" is too broad for me to comment on.

I deny the premise that the KJV is the standard for judgment. So long as you judge by a faulty standard, we will not come toa conclusion. the KJV is an excellent translation. However, it is a faulty standard.

That's fine. But don't make up stuff that isn't true about modern versions. They are the word of God, and they are bearing fruit in many places, much more so than the KJV in this time.

[quotey standard is the King James in my hand - what is yours?[/quote]my standard is the Word of God preserved through the ages.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

We are still not discussing the possible translation of Micah 5v2 - instead we going around the mulberry bush again.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.