1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michael A. Peroutka on Taxes

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by ballfan, Jun 10, 2004.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I have seen some great plans on the issues. If you were actually looking for the plans, and not ways to discredit the candidate you would find them too.

I once told someone, "Sometimes the reason you don't find something, is because your not really looking."

I find it funny that you started this thread by posting, what Constitution Party supporters and most conservatives find as a good thing, and tried to use it to discredit Peroutka, because you didn't understand it.

2. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Easiest way to look is to ask someone who supposedly knows. Thats what I've been doing.

I've seen on the internet plenty of places where he states he will do this or that but not one place with so much as an outline of how he will go about actually accomplishing even one.

You don't seem to know. I feel sure if you did you would direct me to the site where its located.

Of course I could call him on each and every single issue but if thats what it takes I can't consider him to be a serious candidate for anything.

If he was really serious he would be giving explanations all over.

Its like the old Wendy's hamburger commercial.

"Where's the beef?"

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ballfan,

How does either Demopublican plan to save Social Security from bankruptcy?

How does either Demopublican plan to save Medicare from bankruptcy?

How does either Demopublican plan to restore local control of the government schools?

How does either Demopublican plan to make health care affordable once again?

How does either Demopublican plan to make the monetary system sound once again?

How does either Demopublican plan to implement a fairer federal tax system?

Ballfan, I want to see some detailed plans from your Demopublican side on these issues. So ante up.

Where's the beef, Ballfan, where's the beef?

4. ballfan

ballfan New Member

It would be nice to see something from Mr. Peroutka along these lines.

Bush on social Security

The Bush campaign site has lots of information.

Where's the beef Mr. Peroutka?

5. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

We have already posted Peroutka and the Constititon Party's plans for Social Security along with a link to the rest of the party's platform. If you don't understand it, we can't help that.

It looks like both Bush and Peroutka have lot's of information on their sites. You just have to decide which is better for America.

Bush's site has lot's of nice new government programs and government handouts. Peroutka and the Constitution Party's site shows ways Peroutka wil cut the federal spending and the size of the government if elected.

I guess it boils down to, do you want a government that is going to give you stuff, or do you want a government that is going to operate as intended in the US Constitution. You don't have to answer I already know what kind of government you want.

6. ballfan

ballfan New Member

I have looked at Peroutka's site. Lots of words with no substance.

Take immigration for example. Peroutka's site spends most of his words critizing Bush. Then in the last paragraph we get to what he will do.

As President, one of my top priorities would be to really secure our borders and deport all individuals who are here illegally.

No indication at all of how he plans to get it accomplished.

7. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Sometimes we just have to use common sense to figure things out, and don't really need someone to spell everything out for us, at least some of us do...

8. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Common sense indicates that if he won't or can't give at least some detail other than just saying he will do it that he probably doesn't have any idea of how.

He might find Washington real resistant to many of his ideas. Not to mention the courts. Peroutka appears to be just a lot of hot air. Idealistic hot air but hot air nonetheless.